Pregnant after a Loss

So scared!! Cant be happy

Hello everyone, i am in my 3rd pregnancy last one ended in a mmc in march of this year after only one regular period we were able to get pregnant again. We found out at 5 weeks my progesterone was very low and was put on prometium supplements twice a day. At 8 weeks we saw the baby but the ultra sound seemed to not make my nerves go away. It took them a while to find the baby and also found a cyst that looked pretty large they didnt seem too worried. I am now 11 weeks 3 days and i cant seem to shake this bad feeling my next appt is on tuesday and i am scared to death there wont be a heartbeat again... has anyone had any a loss after seeing the heartbeat? Im very worried i will have another missed miscarriage. My husband doesn't understand and i dont have anyone to talk to :(

Re: So scared!! Cant be happy

• Sorry for your loss and congrats on your rainbow baby! I am also on my third pregnancy. My last pregnancy ended in a mmc at 9w6d but was discovered at 13 weeks. We had a scan at 8w6d and saw a baby measuring right on schedule with a heartbeat. Looking back now, the baby was motionless then, vs my daughter who wiggled all over the place when the probe pushed on my uterus. I just figured this was a laid back baby, but now I wonder if that should have been a red flag that he/she was about to stop developing. I hope you see a wiggly baby on Tuesday! Keep us posted.
  • I know exactly what you're going through.  I'm 13.5 weeks now, but I was a total mess before my 9 week and 12 week appointments.  Just completely psycho.  My first pregnancy ended with a MMC at 9.5 weeks after seeing a heartbeat at 7.5 weeks, so I too am so afraid of showing up and not having a heartbeat on an ultrasound.  

You said this is your third pregnancy -- did your first pregnancy result in a live birth? If so, keep in mind that the odds of you having a successful pregnancy with a previous birth and only one miscarriage are extremely good. I've had 2 consecutive miscarriages (no live births), but my doctors are still optimistic about my current pregnancy.  So, try to stay positive (easier said than done, I know). 

If your upcoming appointment goes well, you could look into buying or renting a fetal doppler so that you can listen to your baby's heartbeat at home.  It's really helped me deal with my anxiety, and also, it's reassuring to know that if something goes wrong, I will likely know sooner rather than later, as opposed to being blindsided at the doctor's office several weeks down the road. 

Best of luck with your appointment!
  • Loading the player...
  • I can relate! And if you ever want to email me, please do:

Plainjane19792001@gmail.com

I had a missed miscarriage and my husband acts like he doesn't get it either. I know they're trying to relax us, but hearing, "It'll be fine" is not helpful! Because it wasn't fine let time. I won't tell you any of those impossible things that people told me like, "relax and enjoy it." Once you see a heartbeat, especially at 8 weeks (some people go really early at 6 weeks), your odds of a miscarriage decrease significantly. I'm currently on couch potato rest and need something to do, so please don't hesitate to write! You will not be bothering me at all.
  • Sorry i havent replied my app wouldnt let me post!!

Yes this is my third pregnancy but would be second child. Our daughter is 4 years old!

I almost rented a doppler last week but ny husband talked me out of it! If we lose this baby i will def be investing in one next time! (if we decide to try again)

Suprisingly my husband was very supportive last night as i told him how i thought i lost it since all of my symptoms and im just a nervous wreak.

I dont know what to do but i cant wait til tmw!!
  • Yes, my loss was at14 wks after 3 great u/s and hearing the hb on Doppler. So my rainbow baby pregnancy was terrifying. Buying a Doppler helped tremendously!!! Like prevented constant anxiety attacks. That actually reminds me i need to get it back. I've loaned it out to a friend for her rainbow pregnancy and she recently had her baby.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • So sorry for your losses.

This pregnancy has been scary for me as well, though making it through the first trimester helped calm me down a bit. I lost my first baby in October at 13 weeks due to incompetent cervix. I'm21 weeks now and I'm having complications with this one, but praying baby holds on. So far she's great!

Try to relax and set little goals and milestones for yourself. Celebrate little victories. :) it's hard when your husband doesn't understand, but that's why I'm so grateful for boards like this and other women in similar situations.
    ------------ http://ourangelsandrainbows.blogspot.com/ image † "Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward." -Psalm 127:3 †
  • Well to my suprise the babya heartbeat was 165 yesterday so the doctor said everything looked good!! Im still not overly excited but we did start to tell people!
  • Lurking here from the TTCAL board.  Like so many of the ladies have echoed above, yes it is possible to lose the baby after seeing/hearing the heartbeat.  I have three U/S pics and heard it three times and still lost mine :(  Best of luck to you.   Hopefully, you will get your sticky rainbow :)

First Pregnancy
    • BFP: 01/25/2015
    • EDD: 09/28/2015
    • Incomplete MC: 02/28/2015

Second Pregnancy

• BFP: 09/11/2015
    • EDD: 05/25/2016
    Baby Born
    04/15/2016

PGAL
  • I am currently 17weeks and I'm having a very hard time with trying to be excited. I'm terrified that something bad is going to happen. I have had 2 losses one at 16weeks and one at 14weeks. Both were saw the heartbeats one us then the next nothing. It has been horrible. They did genetic testing nothing was wrong with the babies(both girls) I feel your pain and am in the same boat.
  • I am currently 17weeks,I haven't told anyone yet of my pregnancy,I have had 4losses,10,12,22,&35weeks.i am scared beyond belief.I hope that you can enjoy this pregnancy some what,but cherish every little movement....as far as your husband it took till our last loss to really understand how I felt.He kisses my tummy everyday now and says i love you to our baby as he/she moves.men seem to have a harder time due to they don't feel the movements we do early on. I give myself alone time to just cry and think of my babies. I hope you have the rest of this pregnancy to feel excited.
  • Zukaryia1Zukaryia1 member
    edited July 2015
    I know how you feel. I was 7 months when I had & lost my twin boys in March 2015 & now here I am pregnant again. Yes it's a sraced feeling because you just don't know what will happen this time. I have to keep telling myself to stop worrying. Day by day I'm getting though it. It's hard going through already pregnancy when you not even over the last one.