Late Term and Child Loss

Am I in the right place?

My 21 month old son died in a freak accident while I was pregnant with my now 1 month old, is this an appropriate place to share? I feel bad talking to my birth board, greif and loss are such ugly scary things that no one wants to look at and who can blame them. People in real life avoid me now like having a dead child is contagious and I am just looking for a place to not feel so alone.

Re: Am I in the right place?

• Sadly you are in the right place. I'm so sorry about the loss of your son.  I lost my 3 1/2 year old daughter last year and everyday is a struggle.  Big hugs
  • You are in the right place. I'm so sorry for your loss and so sorry you had to come to this board. ((Hugs))
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    🌈  Preemie 2016  🌈
    ♥ Stillborn 2015 

• Loading the player...
  • Also, you are not alone. We are here and we have all lost a child at some point, we understand how hard it is when others choose to pretend it doesn't happen. But it does and we can't forget, nor do we want to forget our sweet children.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    🌈  Preemie 2016  🌈
    ♥ Stillborn 2015 

• Thank you. It is nice to find people to relate to, although I wish it wasn't this way for any of us.
  • I am so sorry for the loss of your son. You are in the right place. We are here for you.
  • I am so sorry for the loss of your son. We are all here to offer support. These ladies have been an amazing support for me as I have worked through my own grief. (One note - we try to give warnings in the title or at the beginning of the post if living children are mentioned - this just helps warn any mamas who may be having a tough day.) ((hugs)) and I'm so sorry to welcome you to the board.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Me: 32 DH: 33  High School Sweethearts  Married 5/28/2005
    DS1 born 6/5/10 at 40 weeks via emergency c-section due to fetal distress and IUGR caused by placental insufficiency
    DS2 born still 8/28/13 at 32 weeks via emergency c-section due to a complete placental abruption - cause unknown
    Baby #3 on the way, EDD 2/29/16.  Originally twins, but we said goodbye to Baby B at 8 weeks.
  • I'm so sorry for the loss of your son.
  • **ticker**

I echo what everyone else has said.  I am so sorry for your loss.  I hope you find a lot of support here - I know this board has gotten me through some very dark times. Sending love. 
  • I'm so sorry for your loss.  I'm not a member of this board -- I actually post on the miscarriage/pregnancy loss board so I'm not even sure how I stumbled upon your post, but once I read it, I felt compelled to reply.  

I can't imagine losing a child, let alone losing a child while pregnant. My heart breaks for you just thinking about it.  Your post really struck a nerve with me because after having a couple miscarriages in the last year, I totally understand what it's like for people who you used to be close with to  suddenly avoid you because they don't know what to say and feel "awkward." Or they're super supportive for about two weeks but lose interest once a few months go by and you're still grieving.  It's terrible to feel isolated at a time when just a little bit of compassion would go a long way.  It makes me so sad to think about you having to go through this on top of already having such a painful and terrible loss.   

So I guess my reason for posting is to let you know that there's someone else out there who is thinking about you and that you are not alone.  I wish I could do something more. 
  • I am so sorry for the loss of your son. As everyone else has said you are in the right place. We are all here to support you through this difficult time . big ((hugs))