High-Risk Pregnancy

Insight and experience please

Insight and experience please
Hi.. This is my first time posting.. This is my second pregnancy, my first was about a year ago and it was ectopic.. I'm just looking for some insight.. I'm about 6 weeks along and the doctor is monitoring me very closely since the last was ectopic, they have me on progesterone supplements and are checking my hCG levels every 48 hours.. My levels were 387, 580, 1380, 3700, and now 6800. So with the exception of the first time, the levels have more than doubled every 48 hours.. I am having symptoms this time as I didn't last time.. Not so much "nausea" but more woozy and dizzy, extreme fatigue (I feel like my legs are gonna fall off lol), constipation (sorry tmi), and I'm getting the fun part of the increased sense of smell (meaning I can smell everything from a ways away, but smells haven't made me nauseous yet lol).. Now to my question.. I've had 2 vaginal ultrasounds and the can not find the baby yet.. The technician believes that she should be able to see it by now.. She's not seeing it in uterus or my tubes.. She was counseling ending the pregnancy.. The Dr said no (thank God).. She said there is no reason to at this point since they do not see it in my tubes.. But I can tell that she seems confused too.. Supposedly vaginal ultrasounds are supposed to see it before regular ultrasounds.. Can anyone offer any insight to my situation? Thank you

Best Answer

Answers

• My doctors won't even schedule ultrasounds until after 6 weeks because they don't expect to be able to see anything. I know it's hard, but I'd try to stay positive and try to focus on the fact that they haven't seen it anywhere else i.e. in a tube, etc.
  • Loading the player...
  • Next ultrasound today.. Had blood world this morning.. The technician said I have a weird shaped uterus, so it's possible that it's just somewhere that she can't see yet... But, she's checking my tubes and not seeing it there.. My levels are going up and I'm not in any pain as an ectopic would likely cause, so I'm very hopeful.. Just wish they could find something
  • Next ultrasound today.. Had blood world this morning.. The technician said I have a weird shaped uterus, so it's possible that it's just somewhere that she can't see yet... But, she's checking my tubes and not seeing it there.. My levels are going up and I'm not in any pain as an ectopic would likely cause, so I'm very hopeful.. Just wish they could find something

Let us know how your ultrasound goes.
  • Still monitoring cause I'm considered high risk but was very glad to get this positive today
  • Yay! I know the feeling all too well! Glad all is well for now. Another warning... anytime a nurse can't find the heartbeat with the doppler, DON'T FREAK OUT! lol. Sometimes they just can't. They take you to the ultrasound and you're good! I wish someone would have told me. It would have saved alot of heartache in the time I was waiting on the sono!