D.C. Area Babies

Virginia Hospital Center

edited June 2015 in D.C. Area Babies
Has any delivered at Virginia Hospital Center?

Re: Virginia Hospital Center

• No, but I have family that work there and say the L&D unit is amazing!  I also had a friend deliver there last year and had a great experience.  I would love to deliver there as it's close to my house, but with family working there, and the fact that I don't want to change OBs, I will be delivering at Sibley.

Me: 30   DH: 33

TTC #1 since June 2014

Baby #1 coming March 2016

My Chart

BabyFetus Ticker

• I will be delivering there. I have known people to go there for other surgeries and it's great so hopefully the same for deliveries :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I delivered at VHC in November of 2014. They are amazing!!! It was such a great experience. My husband and I actually relocated recently and I am so sad my next baby won't be born there.
  • i delivered my daughter there in January 2015.  no issues at all. the entire staff was great and the whole process (from arrival to delivery) went smoothly.  if you haven't gone to one of their info sessions/tours yet, i'd highly encourage it.  it was very helpful for us to know exactly where we needed to go on the big day, where to park, what to bring, etc.  we also really appreciated having our own birthing room and private recovery room (some hospitals in the area have shared recovery rooms). although some of the rooms are better than others re comfort for your spouse (some have chairs that recline while others have couches), in the scheme of things it was a minor issue.  we live in NW DC and there are a few hospitals that are much closer to us than VHC, but we plan to deliver there with any future children as well.
    FWIW--I have two friends that delivered there in March 2014 and December 2014 and they had similar experiences to mine.