Babies on the Brain
Options

spend $$ on expensive pregnancy tests or are the $1 store ones just as effective?

Just wondering if anybody has had any experience with either and what it was  :)   Debating whether or not to spend the $$ on a brand name test or not?

Re: spend $$ on expensive pregnancy tests or are the $1 store ones just as effective?

• Options
    $.88 Walmart tests are as accurate as others. Most advise going with cheapies and if you get a squinter or just want to see the digital say "pregnant" when/if it happens, then spend the $.
  • Options
    I always get the dollar tree kind, I think the brand is new choice? Only one dollar and work just great ! :) sometimes I will get a frer just to confirm, but it isn't necessary. I've found the dollar tree tests to always be reliable.
    ------------ http://ourangelsandrainbows.blogspot.com/ image † "Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward." -Psalm 127:3 †
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've been told that the Dollar Tree tests are the same brand as the ones used at our local Family Planning/Planned Parenthood facility.
    Me: 34 | DH: 46
    SD: 21 & SS: 17
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*
    TTC 6/13/2015 | BFP #1 5/14/2017 | MMC 7/28/2017 (Trisomy 18) | IL + D&C 8/4/2017

• Options
    This is such a great question and I'm so glad you asked it! I'm off to Walmart!
  • Options
    Cheapie tests work just fine. It's just recommended to buy pink dye tests instead of blue dye tests. False positives are more prevalent on blue dye tests.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________
    MMC 8/5/15 at 8 weeks
    DS born 9/13/16
    BFP 1/13/18 - EDD 9/20/18 - It's a boy!