Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Intro/Question

Hi ladies,

I lost my son about a month ago due to an incompetent cervix. He was 22wks, so not quite at viability. My husband and I were/are devastated but plan to get back on the IVF horse right away. I am thankful to be able to connect and share experiences with you ladies, especially the experience of encountering people who knew of my pregnancy and suddenly, I'm...not pregnant anymore. Has anyone had to have that awkward conversation?

A lady asked me yesterday if I was still tired and I completely freaked out and told her I was. Awful.

Re: Intro/Question

• WLJ2WLJ2 member
    I am so sorry for your loss. I had my mc at 7w but there were still a handful of people who knew. I didn't find any conversations awkward. but I did find myself breaking down every time I told someone what happened. For me everyone was very supportive and I think that helped.
  • I'm so sorry for your loss. I'll be praying for you, may you feel God's peace and comfort during this difficult time.  *Hugs*

~Candie~ with an -IE
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm so sorry about your loss.

I have had a couple uncomfortable conversations. I was asked "where's the baby?" Because they assumed I had her early since I obviously didn't have the belly and it was about a month before she was due when they saw me (we lost her at 28 weeks). I just responded with, "she didn't make it." And they have a really shocked and sad look, but it is what it is. I decided to just tell people that and let my emotions do whatever they are going to do. DH has had these talks more since the people who see him obviously can't tell right away that we lost her. He has a really hard time explaining it. 
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    🌈  Preemie 2016  🌈
    ♥ Stillborn 2015