Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Grunting noise while feeding

xp from February BMB

My LO is 17 weeks today. Recently, she's started stretching/extending her legs and making grunting noises during feeding. At first I thought it was gas, but she isn't arching her back and she won't let go of the bottle (she even smiles when I pull it away from her). I will bring this up to her doctor on Friday at her 4 month visit, but I wanted to know if anyone has experienced something similar. 

Thanks,
Cassy
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Grunting noise while feeding

• I don't know about grunts, but my son makes ask kinds of misses when nursing now. As he gets older he becomes a more and more active participant in feeding time.

Does he seem uncomfortable in any way, or is it just the noise? Did you just change the nipple flow speed?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @longliveregina She doesn't seem uncomfortable at all. That's why its strange to me. She doesn't whine or cry; in fact, she smiles. I haven't changed the nipples yet, but may start, as what I've read indicates that after 3 months they should be changed. At what point did you change yours? 
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My babe doesnt take bottles, lol. I have tried, to no avail. BUT, since I am EBF, I probably would not move the nipple size up unless I had to. 

If she seems fine I wouldn't worry at all. I was so surprised how noisy Bub is when he is sleeping and eating. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My LO is almost 6mths. She used to be a lot louder when she ate...especially at night (we bottle feed). And then she got not so noisy. Now she is back to grunting and sticking her legs out and slapping me. Job hazards lol
    Pregnancy Ticker

Proud Mom to Kaleigh (14yr) Emma (12yr) and Hanna (7yr)

photo 65b2d6f3-b1dd-4a2a-944b-fcb0ed878723_zpsc89c0b93.jpg