Baby Names
Options

Please help! Cannot come up with baby boy's name

Hi There,

We cannot come up with a name for a little boy-to-be.

Big sis is: Eliza

Can you help with any suggestions?

Last name is pronounced: "Leh-shure"

I made this list on babynames, but am open to anything: https://www.babynames.com/namelist/9828201

Thank you!!

Re: Please help! Cannot come up with baby boy's name

• Options
    I like Liam, Dylan and Thomas from your list. How out adding Alexander, Rowan, Colin
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    I really like most of the boy names on your list aside from Logan, just nms. My favorites were Dean, Ian, Levi, and Thomas. I also like Frederick.
    I'll add Jude, Charles, James, Peter, Benjamin, Ethan, and Bradley.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Everett and Thomas are my favorites. I'd add Benjamin nn Benji, Ben, or Benny, Elias, Emmett, Oliver, Henry, Asher, James
  • Options
    Everett and Ian are my favorites from your list. Suggestions: Isaac, Gabriel, Grant, Bennett, Nathan
  • Options
    LNic5LNic5 member
    I like Frederick, Ian and Thomas from that list. I find some don't go with Eliza, like Levi, Liam, Logan, Dylan...

Others I like with Eliza

Colin
    Grant
    Patrick
    Pierce
    Anthony
    Malcolm
    Gideon
    Rhys
    Isaac
    Oliver
    Elliott
  • Options
    I think Everett goes great with your last name!!!! It sounds so cool with it!!
  • Options
    groovylocksgroovylocks member
    edited June 2015
    So here are some of the names I really like that the hubbub isn't keen on. So they're yours. Treat them well. 

Leo (I realize it's gotten overly popular but it's my best friend's name. It means a lot to me. There is no kinder, gentler person on this earth than him.)
    Jack
    Titus
    Axel
    Felix (husbad isn't totally anti-felix and i'm not totally pro-felix. Right now it's sitting in that dangerous no-man's-land where both of us are afraid to pick it up for fear it'll go off like a land mine)
    Atlas. Come on. Atlas is a badass name.
  • Options
    Felix is an amazing name! Go get it out of the mine field!

EDD for #1: 3/19/17
  • Options
    groovylocksgroovylocks member
    edited June 2015
    I agree. The only reason i'm not totally for it is because i'm having trouble giving up my pet names that i love - and he hates. I'm walking on eggshells with that name around my husband. I made the mistake of saying one of the names he liked was a "douchebag's name" and now everything i suggest he says "NO." without even thinking, just to be a spiteful bag of hormones. :D

The fact that he's considering it makes me handle it with extreme caution. 
  • Options

I agree. The only reason i'm not totally for it is because i'm having trouble giving up my pet names that i love - and he hates. I'm walking on eggshells with that name around my husband. I made the mistake of saying one of the names he liked was a "douchebag's name" and now everything i suggest he says "NO." without even thinking, just to be a spiteful bag of hormones. :D

The fact that he's considering it makes me handle it with extreme caution. 

Haha. You're DEFINITELY going down the Felix route. It'll be the last-minute hospital suggestion, because someone thought it was scrapped but wasn't sure, then mentioned it again when everyone was too happy about the new baby to argue. Like Edgar for us (DS's mn)

**siggy warning**

Current Age 35, DH 33

Married 9/2011

BFP 8/2012, Miscarried 9/2012

BFP 9/2012, DS 6/2013

BFP 6/2014, Miscarried 7/2014

BFP 7/2014, DD 4/2015

• Options
    4N6s4N6s member
    Elliot. Julian. Henry. Ian. Phillip. Stephen. Donovan. Xavier. Alexander. William. Dean. Quinn. Franklin. Finn.
  • Options
    Thank you everyone SO much for the feedback and suggestions! Just getting back to this now :) I am not the most savvy/frequent Bump user. This is super helpful! You are all so wonderful to share your suggestions. Time to run everything by the hubby...

Felix is awesome! I have a client who's little boy (around 4yrs) is Felix.  I think that is far enough removed to use the name potentially?!

Elliot we love! But it is our best friends daughter's name. Who is the same age (almost 2) as our daughter and they are besties....we just cant use it! arghh

Asher I love...but I feel like it doesn't work with our last name...too much "shure" sounding w/the first and last!

I am adding many others from your suggestions to our baby name list! :)

Thomas is meaningful - DH's grandpa and wonderful man who passed away a few years ago....it will probably be used as either first or middle. 

I know many of you liked Everett. (me too!) Now the hubs is thinking it might be too hard/to much of a mouthful to say...he's asking if it's pronounced: "ev-er-ett" or "ev-rett".....thoughts?

Thanks again all!!

A little about me:

Current Age 32, DH 33

Married 5/2011

BFP 11/2012, DD 7/2013 - my love!

BFP 9/2014, MMC/DNC 11/2014 - my angel

BFP 3/2015, DS expected 11/2015 - our lil man to be!

• Options
    @rmfreeman1, it's pronounced Ev-rit.

Love your daughter's name! I like Aaron, Donovan, Dylan, Ezra, Fredrick, Ian, Isaac, Levi, Oliver, or Rhys. Thomas would pair well with all of these names too!

Vive Les Frasers
    Related image

Anniversary
  • Options
    Two more names we came up with are: Luca and Leif.  Any feedback on either?  If you love or hate them I would love to hear it either way :)
  • Options
    Two more names we came up with are: Luca and Leif.  Any feedback on either?  If you love or hate them I would love to hear it either way :)
    Leif is awesome! Leif Thomas sounds fantastic too.

Luca is a good name too. Am curious if you or your husband are either Italian or Norse (Scandinavian)?, as these two names are very different in origin. 
    Vive Les Frasers
    Related image

Anniversary
  • Options
    @brita722 He is neither.  Just names we like :)

Still undecided! But thinking about it at 22 weeks!