TTC after 35
Options

Ouch... (Pregnancy/children mentioned)

My neighbor just told me she's expecting #3 tonight. She's a great mom and a lovely person (and about 6 years younger than me). It was a big surprise for her. I know I've only been trying a few months but it still kind of hit me funny. I am super happy for her and she was very gentle about sharing the news, I just wish it was me too...

Just venting. Well, not really venting but rather just sharing.

Re: Ouch... (Pregnancy/children mentioned)

• Options
    It is tough seeing others pregnant, no matter how fabulous they are. Hang in there and keeping my fingers crossed it is your time soon.
    Me (42) w/ partner for 16+ years
    TTC #1: 11/2012 - 9/2013; 6/2014 - present
    Follistim + TI (3x): All BFNs
    Follistim + IUI (1x): BFN 
    IVF #1: 17 retrieved,15 fertilized, Day 3: 15, Day 5/6: 3 biopsied
    Result; 1 frozen blast (inconclusive PGS results)
    IVF #2; ER: 6/22 16 retrieved, 6/25: 5 transferred (CP), 2 frozen
    FET 9/17: BFN
    Current FET -- Transferred 2 day-3 embryos - BFN

• Options
    Hey!  Give yourself a pass on your feelings.  I think, regardless of how long you've been trying, when you're over 35, there's always that extra little stress of "how long do I have?"  One of my dearest friends got pregnant about 4 months into my TTC #2 and I was SO JEALOUS!!  Happy for her and supportive (it wasn't planned and was a total oopsie, her son was only 10 months old), but so envious and sad for myself.  I think we all understand how you're feeling!
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I can totally sympathize with you. One of my girlfriends just told me she is expecting baby #2, a total surprise for her at 41 yrs old. Another friend of mine after 11 years of TTC is finally pregnant. How can I be mad or annoyed about either?!? I can't. I literally could not be happier but there is a twinge of pain I feel in my gut every time someone else announces they are pregnant so I totally get it and I can't help but miss the baby I lost or wish it was me.

I just have to keep reminding myself it will happen in God's perfect timing. Not sure if that will help you but it helps me to know it is out of my control and in his hands.
  • Options
    Hang in there. One day it will be you expecting, and someone will secretly be jealous of you
  • Options
    2 women that work with my SO are newly pg again. 
    They each have a history of mc, so I am truly happy for them, but I certainly feel the hurt.
    I've been convincing myself lately that it's never going to happen, and that even if I get pg again I'm just gonna
    end up miscarrying.
    Lame. I know.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    One of my friends just announced she's pregnant with #5. She's having all the babies and I have...two cats.

@C_Girlie -- you're right. I have a diabetic friend that is having trouble getting her health squared away before she can even try to get pregnant. She actually seemed a bit wistful when she heard I had been pregnant and miscarried. Probably because I'm able to get pregnant and likely will be again soon. As awful as this has been, I imagine she'd trade places with me if she could.

@thistle8677, chin up, dearest. I've got high hopes for you.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)