Preemies
Options

Anyone out there...

So, my fiance and I have been in the NICU for 73 days now, our son was born 15 wks early. Today is the very first time I've spent the night away from him. I'm starting to feel guilty and panicky, has anyone else felt like this?

Re: Anyone out there...

• Options
    Yes, I have felt like that. But mine (twins) were only in the NICU for 19 & 25 days. It should make you feel better to know that I spent more nights at home than in the NICU during that time. I have 3 dogs & a 10 yo stepdaughter needing me at home as well. I tried to go see them as much as I could and stay as long as could but there were other things pulling my attention. It was very hard not to feel guilty when I wasn't there but beating myself up about it wasn't going to solve anything. 72 nights in a row - you are a rock star, clearly a very devoted mama. You deserve a break every once in awhile to recharge and you LO will benefit from a rested mama. Every time I left the NICU, I'd get a panicky feeling that I left something behind....duh my children! But I couldn't shake it very easily even though I knew it wasn't logical thought. Hang in there! You are amazing mama!!!
  • Options
    Every mom feels like this! Whether its in the NICU or at grandmas... It is rough!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I never stayed there, and I cried myself to sleep every night. Heck, I cried at the thought of leaving!