December 2014 Moms

LO is constipated!

anyone have a way to help? Hes been on solids for month. I gave him prunes yesterday to try to help. But today he is really struggling.

Re: LO is constipated!

• Once we started our LO on probiotics (per our doc's recommendation) his poops were, once again, soft and big! LOVE our probiotic and it's kept him really happy.
  • knoxJbknoxJb member
    What kind of probiotics are you using?
  • Loading the player...
  • We use Udo's Choice Infant's Blend Probiotic. We get ours from the refrigerated section of Whole Foods. 
  • My LO has been struggling with this a lot lately. We've done watered down pear juice and the doctor says to give it to him every day, play around with the amounts until we find what works for him. For now we're doing 1o oz pear juice to 3 oz water and seeing how that goes.
  • My LO has had constipation problems as well. Our pediatrician gave us the go ahead to use Miralax. She recommended 1 tsp but we DO NOT use that much. We have used 1/4 tsp in her bottle as needed which was about once a week. She said some parents have found that even 1/8 tsp works for them. I think I read that fruits that start with P (pears, plums, peaches) have a laxative effect as well but don't quote me on that.

Oh and we have recently put our LO on a probiotic too. We are using Culterelle Kids powder packets but only use 1/2 packet per day.

I would not do any of these things I suggested without checking with your pediatrician first. I've consulted with our pediatrician on all of these things. Yours may recommend different things ;)

Good luck. I know how horrible it is to watch your LO trying so hard to poop or just be so fussy because they can't poop!