Pregnant after IF

Sharp pains week 4. Scared. Anyone else?

Hello, we have been TTC for a bit and progressed to IVF. Got first BFP and I am now 4 weeks. I was having cramps and feeling periody. Today I having sharp, stabbing pains. I afraid that means a loss is coming. Anyone else have or had this too?

Thanks

Re: Sharp pains week 4. Scared. Anyone else?

• I experienced all sorts of wierd cramps, stabs, twinges etc.

At 4 weeks two legitimate reasons for the pain are gas and stretching! My gas pains were insane and like nothing I felt before but I did eventually start identifying them as gas.

If it is something to be concerned about from my research and understanding you are likely to experience a continuous pain and possibly with blood. If the pain lasts a long while call a doc.

These first few months I thought I would revel n happy I'm finally pregnant joy! I didn't I have my sanity over and freaked out ahoy everything and became very scared about loss. I think that is to varying degrees part and parcel of IVF- what it does to you even one it works!

Try and focus on appointments and really take on the fact you are pregnant! I'm now 11w 2 days and I finally feel like I'm coming out of the fog of fear ... It will get better

Pains are normal and so is cramping! It's wierd no one tells you about the cramping before hand but it's so common.

Hope you feel better

• Thanks! That helps. You are right that after all the work, time and fighting to get pregnant it is hard not to fear loss as much as one feared not being able to get pregnant in the first place. I will try and take things as they come and not as warnings of gloom and doom.
  • Loading the player...
  • I had cramping also. I'm at 30w now. I know it's easier said than done but yet not to stress. What were your betas?
    SIGGY WARNING//TICKER WARNING//PAIF

Long of the Short:
     TTC since April 2013  DH 42 y/o I'm 30  Dh had vasectomy reversal Feb 2013 after 3 months developed scar tissue 
     First Re appt was September 2013 OOP for everything minus meds  
    DH's TESE surgery December 2013
    First cycle was February 2014 BFN none to freeze
     Second cycle was April 2014 BFP ending in Chemical Pregnancy none to freeze
     Third cycle June 2014 BFN none to freez
     Fourth cycle October 30th 28 retrieved, 13 mature and 12 fertilized
    PICSI, assisted hatching and fresh sperm from my DH's TESE surgery used
    5 FROZEN from a freeze all cycle! 
    FET completed on DECEMBER 9TH!!!
    Beta #1 13dp5dt BFP!! 800
    Beta #2 15dp5dt 2100
    Beta #3 17dp5dt 3600 
    First Scan January 5th! Everything looks great! Heart rate of 121!
    Second Scan January 20th. Baby Justone13 looks amazing. Heart rate of 175!
    Baby Girl is due August 27th
    Liv Annmarie born 8/25 7lbs 6oz 21 1/2 inches long 

• ambdtbambdtb member
    edited June 2015
    I also had the cramping and occasional pains. I'm 6w 4d and the cramping has subsided and now I'm so nervous something is wrong. @somewhereinafrica when did your cramps go away? I have my first ultrasound tomorrow and I am so nervous. I didn't realize how this part of the process would be just as difficult! I don't want to analyze every symptom but I am just hoping and praying all is ok!
    Married 4-27-13
    TTC for 1.5 yrs
    41 yrs old; DH is 37
    April 2014 MC at 9 wks 
    Jan 2015 Clomid, BFN 
    Feb 2015 Clomid, Ovidril, 1st IUI, BFN 
    Mar 2015 Clomid, Ovidril, 2nd IUI, BFN 
    May 2015 1st IVF, 19 follicles, 18 eggs retrieved on May 20, 13 fertilized, transferred 1 Blastocyst on May 25=BFP!; froze 2 Blastocysts
    Full term healthy baby boy born on 2-11-16
    Jan 29, 2018: FET 
    Feb 8. 2018: BFP! :)
    Mar 6: weak heartbeat. :(
  • My betas have been good. 142 to 496 to 3500ish.
  • I had it on and off till about 10weeks and gas pains are still an issue!

We are completely out of control of everything but our emotions and what we eat and do... Focus on that as much as you can!

I had two bleeds and it completely freaked me out! But all has been good since.

We boarded the roller coaster of Infertilty and we don't get to get off just yet... Hold on tight ... All the best @ambdtb
  • ambdtbambdtb member
    Thank you!! We had our first ultrasound and everything went really well. The heart beat is really strong and the size is right on schedule. I feel so relieved but I still have a hard time realizing this is really happening to us and it really did work! The doctor told is the risk of miscarriage goes down to 5-10 percent with a strong heartbeat. That number still seems high to me. I don't feel like we're out of the clear just yet but on our way. We are going back next week for an ultrasound once more before going back the the OBGYN.

You're right. It's all out of our control. However I feel like my emotions are too!!! I didn't cry much today but definitely teared up. Nothing like how I had tears streaming down my face as I was laying down in the operating table for the egg retreival!
    Married 4-27-13
    TTC for 1.5 yrs
    41 yrs old; DH is 37
    April 2014 MC at 9 wks 
    Jan 2015 Clomid, BFN 
    Feb 2015 Clomid, Ovidril, 1st IUI, BFN 
    Mar 2015 Clomid, Ovidril, 2nd IUI, BFN 
    May 2015 1st IVF, 19 follicles, 18 eggs retrieved on May 20, 13 fertilized, transferred 1 Blastocyst on May 25=BFP!; froze 2 Blastocysts
    Full term healthy baby boy born on 2-11-16
    Jan 29, 2018: FET 
    Feb 8. 2018: BFP! :)
    Mar 6: weak heartbeat. :(
  • MiromiMMiromiM member
    edited June 2015
    I had cramping on and off throughout my first trimester. I also bled around week 8 due to a clot when the placenta began to form. My RE told us that we had a 90% chance of taking our baby home from the hospital after hearing the heartbeat.
    *Siggy Warning*

Lilypie First Birthday tickers