March 2015 Moms
Options

Rolling Over - :\

My baby girl has been rolling over but now she is doing it more frequently and she is now doing it within the crib . The other night I caught her sleeping on her tummy. Because of all the Sids stuff im getting afraid. sometimes I cant even sleep during the night because Im terrified that she has rolled over in her crib and suffocated or something...I keep waking up and looking at the monitor to see if she is sleeping on her back or side. I think im paranoid!!!! :\ ..Anyone going through this???

Re: Rolling Over - :\

• Options
    Once they start rolling over independently, there isn't much you can do. Just make sure crib is free of blankets, toys, stuffed animals, crib bumpers. That's the best you can do!
  • Options
    I remember the pediatrician telling us that it's when we put her on her tummy that is a problem and raises the risk for sids not when she rolls on her tummy on her own :-/ don't know how that makes a difference but that's what she said
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Like the PP said, once they start rolling they choose how they want to sleep. She will have a lot of head control at this point and sounds like she's strong so as long as nothing is in the crib and she's not swaddled everything should be just fine. :)
  • Options
    It's fine. If she is strong enough to roll over on her own she is strong enough to roll back and turn her head. Just make sure she is no longer swaddled and there is nothing in the crib.
  • Options
    Okay, thank you all. I slept much better last night.
  • Options
    I feel the same way. I am constantly waking up to check on my son. He is 3 months and rolls from back to belly, but doesn't know how to roll back yet. I woke up to him on his belly he was fine, but it still worries me because when he is doing tummy time he puts his face down on the ground and screams and he won't pick it back up. So I'm afraid he will do that while sleeping.
  • Options
    My guy is doing the same thing so i asked the peditrician and he said to not worry. Once they roll.. they keep on rolling.
    He told us to start worrying about crawling...thats next!
  • Options
    I just posted about this. I caught my daughter on her belly last night and about lost it. I am so anxious and paranoid I am scared to sleep tonight! First time mom of course, and always a worrier, but this has just made it so much more intense.
  • Options

I just posted about this. I caught my daughter on her belly last night and about lost it. I am so anxious and paranoid I am scared to sleep tonight! First time mom of course, and always a worrier, but this has just made it so much more intense.

If your kid is strong enough to roll over, they should be fine. If you stay up all night freaking out, you will go crazy (I've done this and went bananas). Good luck!
  • Options
    I have been sleeping much better and she has been moving all around her crib plus sleeping in her tummy all the time, I think its now one of her favorite positions to sleep.