Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Do you still like your stroller?

ddobrovddobrov member
edited June 2015 in Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Hi All,

I'm a FTM, popping over from the September board to get recommendations for a stroller. I figured it would be more helpful to ask people who have actually used their stroller for a year, rather than most of the women on my board, who have only test drove them in the store/at home. I figured all you mommies now have a year of experience with your stroller and can actually comment on the quality, ease of use, and if you could go back would you have purchased a different one, etc. 

Which stroller do you have?

Would you recommend it?

What do you like about it? Dislike about it?

Thanks!!

Re: Do you still like your stroller?

• Options
    imrachelleaimrachellea member
    edited June 2015
    April 2014...? Maybe some are, not all. I'm a December 13 myself. That being said...

I have the Graco fast action fold jogger that was part of a travel system. For its cost, I love it. It was around $150, which isn't bad for a jogger. It's big, but I need a stroller that I can jog with and maneuver around athletic fields and stadiums. It is easy to handle in use, can be bulky getting in and out for some (I have no issue as I'm a CrossFitter). It's a smooth ride, great space for DD, and easy to clean (she threw up in it and hosing it down + febreze did the trick). I also love that it has actual tires that need air instead of cheapo plastic wheels. I also love the big basket it had, makes shopping at Target a ton easier when your baby isn't ready for the cart yet. I'm now shopping for a double that will give me the same benefits I've found with this one.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    We have the Graco jogging stroller that click connects with the Graco infant seat and we love it, purchased in 2013. DD now does not need the infant seat any more but it was a great feature and we still use the stroller every week. DD is now 19 months. For a while I had a Saturn Coupe and it folded up to fit in the trunk, it was a tight fit but it worked. We now have a larger car but just FYI in case you have a small car.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    mhwoodmhwood member
    We have 2 strollers - Zooper Boogie for running, hiking, trips to the zoo, etc. and the MacLaren Mark II which is more lightweight for the mall, walks in the neighbourhood, etc.

Would you recommend it?
    I would totally recommend both.

Zooper Boogie - Like: It's roomy, huge basket underneath that fits a ton of crap, adjustable handle so it is comfortable for me and my husband (I'm 5'2" and he is 6'5"), the seat can face you or face out and it's easy to work. Dislikes: It's large, and has to be taken apart to fold it down so it takes some time to set up.

MacLaren Mark II - Like: Very lightweight, pops up easy, folds down small, good sized basket underneath. Dislike: It's hard to get apart to clean.
  • Options
    PiachPiach member

I have the Baby Jogger City Mini

Would you recommend it? Yes! I've used this stroller for 4.5 years (two kids) and it is still going strong.

I love everything about it except the basket. It doesn't hold too much. It is light weight, extremely easy to fold, fits through the x-ray machine at the airport, good quality.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP 10/8/12 | Missed Miscarriage - D&C 11/12/12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    khaalid00khaalid00 member
    edited June 2015
    I love my citymini GT stroller by Baby Jogger! Performs excellent and manuevers great on all kinds of pavements, grassy ground, and road conditions. Hands down for me. My son used it when he was 3 months and used a snuzzler to adjust his posture and support for this stroller. Never needed car seat adapter. I live in the city so this stroller works for me on commuting to work in all weather conditions. I walk and take the train when commuting. It is also light weight and folds up SUPER easy and compact for car trunk, home storage, to tight places like resturants. A slim stroller with smaller durable wheels to slip in and out of crowded places, street walkers, and fit in tight small places without getting in the way. The only citymini stroller accesories I bought was the all season weather cover...an awesome fit and best protection for baby when weather gets iffy and I went through LOTS of bad snow storms, 2015 in Boston. Also, good under carriage storage and backseat storage too. The seat reclines flat for baby to sleep instead of baby slumping forward sleeping and the sun canopy covers baby well and has two top viewing window to peep on baby. I think it is best money spent for us and takes a beating well and cleans up well too. Highy reccomended. Take a test ride at a store that will allow it.
  • Options
    I got the Britax B Agile travel system and did not realize how much I did not like it until my daughter was born..which is always the case obviously. I just bought the City Select and love it!! Think about the future as well...if you plan on having more than 1 and close in age then you may want to look into a tandem stroller such as city select or uppa baby. Good luck!
  • Options
    I had never heard of the zooper boogie! I am going to look into that one. It basically checks all of my boxes (Adjustable Handlebars, Reversible Seat, Large Basket). I suppose I would have to see how large and how cumbersome it is to breakdown, but certainly sounds like an option for me! Thank you!
  • Options
    I just got my Baby Jogger City Select and I LOVE it. It's replacing the crappy Graco fast action fold sport I have. I hated the Graco because it folds weirdly, it's actually kind of heavy, and it isn't easy to turn or adjust anything on it. Baby Jogger City Select can be turned into a double stroller (which I need now because I am also due in August and DD will be 17 months) and it has tons of basket room. It's easy to maneuver through stores and the brakes are at the top of the stroller rather than having to click four effing buttons on each wheel with the Graco.
  • Options
    We got the Graco travel system 6 years ago for our 1st and loved it! Unfortunately I sold it and got a Graco Ready2Grow double stroller when DS2 came along. I miss my old one. The double is huge, heavy, and complicated to arrange the seating options. We just got back from vacation where we rented a double City Mini GT and I love it! We want to buy one but they are crazy pricey compared to what we have. But it was an absolute dream to use for 4 days all day.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    jmknoxjmknox member
    I have a BOB and I love it
    BFP 5/22/12, MC 6/6/12 (cp) BFP 10/16/13, EDD June 28, 2014 - baby J arrived 6/19/14! ** #2-- BFP 12/5/15, EDD August 17, 2016 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker ***************************** Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    CGlessCGless member
    We have a city select and love it. Easy to use (even in a foot of snow), huge basket, can add a second seat (will be needing in the next month), adjustable handle height (DH and I are constantly switching it). But it's very expensive...