December 2014 Moms

BFing 6 month old night feeds

LO still wakes every 2-3 hours round the clock to eat. She eats and goes right back to sleep at night, so not really upset about that. Just wondering if anyone else is having the same "problem"?

Re: BFing 6 month old night feeds

• egen78egen78 member
    My LO will occasionally sleep through the night or wake up at 4am for a feeding. Do you keep your baby on a schedule? What time are you putting down? Is baby just stirring every few hours or crying out with hunger? Hope it gets better soon.,..
  • My LO does the exact same thing. You are not alone.
  • Loading the player...
  • abcmom12abcmom12 member
    edited June 2015

My LO still wakes at 12 and 4am for a 15 min feed.  That being said, she only takes 4oz bottles still and this falls within her every 4hrs feeding schedule.  She can go longer and has, such as from 8pm to 2am, but then she'll wake up at 4am still to re-nurse.  Yea it's not ideal for my sleep, but she's healthy, chunky and growing, so I don't complain.  I expect her to go longer once she takes more breast milk at a time and after this next growth spurt.

Don't always assume it's a "problem".  :)  Every baby is different and if they're flourishing, then it's what they need at this time still.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Yup! Twice a night LO wakes to eat...she's healthy and happy so I am too!!!
  • Update: At my 6 month checkup, my Pedi said to stretch her out to 6hrs if able, especially since she's gone that long.  Well, now she eats at 2am, but wakes around 1030pm and 5am, but I soothe her back to sleep pretty fast without the boob.

• knoxJbknoxJb member
    Mine is up every 2 hours to BF and it's keeping me from sleeping. I want to try to stop, but then he will scream and wake up the whole house. It's so hard to not give him what he wants when he just wants me and to snuggle and nurse.
  • @knoxJb, that sounds like a growth spurt

• @knoxJb or teething! Mine did that for about 4 days through the night. Teeth popped through and now he's back to his normal nightly schedule!
  • knoxJbknoxJb member
    @abcmom12 he's been like this since birth :(
    @jbird1222 he's definitely teething.
    But this baby wants to be in the breast all night! It's hard
  • Not really a "problem". I think it's totally normal... if it is bothering you, try co-sleeping/bedsharing. Maybe then you can get more sleep.
  • I don't know if you co-sleep but I do and my daughter kind of uses me as a pacifier at night on the nights im home (I work nights). We snuggle and she stays latched on while we're both sleep but will eventually let go on her own. It works. She doesn't wake up. She might toss and turn and I'll switch to the other side and she goes right back to sleep
  • knoxJbknoxJb member
    Mine does the same!!^^