December 2014 Moms
Options

Very proud Mama

This weekend we entered our Ilyana in a natural beauty pageant.. I want experience it can't judge what you don't know. Ilyana won prettiest smile from everyone in the pageant. And overall winner in her division. It was amazing to have this experience.. I have a teen son I have been in baseball, basketball, football and wrestling games/matches.. Girls are precious..

Re: Very proud Mama

• Options
    I probably wouldn't put my daughter in a pageant, just not my thing and I don't really understand it at that age, but good for your LO! As long as she's having a good time :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Same personally don't believe in them an my daughter will get to try sports and fun stuff but each to their own
  • Options
    Congrats to her. So precious.
  • Options
    Soyyoyary said:

This weekend we entered our Ilyana in a natural beauty pageant.. I want experience it can't judge what you don't know. Ilyana won prettiest smile from everyone in the pageant. And overall winner in her division. It was amazing to have this experience.. I have a teen son I have been in baseball, basketball, football and wrestling games/matches.. Girls are precious..

Drats...I have a boy. So no amazing experiences with him. I guess I should also correct people when they call him precious. :/

Test
  • Options

I will never get how someone(s) can judge infants and children on appearance. I could never rank babies.

Boys are also precious (and in pageants) and girls play sports. It's pretty early to be enforcing the silly gender roles here. Have fun with it all you want but it's waaay too early to assume this is just how your little girl is. At six months you could've brought a boy in a dress and no one would've even guessed.
    I mean she won best smile without any teeth...

.. Well sweetheart that is your opinion.. Like I said I have a teen I have done all the sports, he does theater I want to do something girly for once. I have sat on grass on courts etc doctor said I would never another baby. I'm proud to show her off I thought she would never be here.. BTW my baby has 3 teeth..
  • Options
    SoyyoyarySoyyoyary member
    edited June 2015

Soyyoyary said:

Drats...I have a boy. So no amazing experiences with him. I guess I should also correct people when they call him precious. :/
    Well let me apologize
    No I don't believe boys aren't precious. Just understand for 13 years I have only done "boy" things. This doesn't mean she can't be play sports of course she can I know all the ropes in that department. I understand everyone's judgement of pageant I was there but I can't judge what I don't try. You can't say I don't like broccoli if you don't taste it. It was experience I enjoyed it.
  • Options
    Soyyoyary said:

I will never get how someone(s) can judge infants and children on appearance. I could never rank babies.

Boys are also precious (and in pageants) and girls play sports. It's pretty early to be enforcing the silly gender roles here. Have fun with it all you want but it's waaay too early to assume this is just how your little girl is. At six months you could've brought a boy in a dress and no one would've even guessed.
    I mean she won best smile without any teeth...

.. Well sweetheart that is your opinion.. Like I said I have a teen I have done all the sports, he does theater I want to do something girly for once. I have sat on grass on courts etc doctor said I would never another baby. I'm proud to show her off I thought she would never be here.. BTW my baby has 3 teeth..
    QFP

Test
  • Options
    Soyyoyary said:

Soyyoyary said:

Well let me apologize
    No I don't believe boys aren't precious. Just understand for 13 years I have only done "boy" things. This doesn't mean she can't be play sports of course she can I know all the ropes in that department. I understand everyone's judgement of pageant I was there but I can't judge what I don't try. You can't say I don't like broccoli if you don't taste it. It was experience I enjoyed it.
    QFP

Test
  • Options
    CandEChicagoCandEChicago member
    edited June 2015
    Actually you can judge what you haven't tried. Mamma June's ketchup spaghetti and her tuna casserole look awful.

(Just keeping with the food comparison.)

Edit: For those unfamiliar google momma June Cooking Classes

Test
  • Options
    I would be more proud to show off my miracle babies milestones than just focusing on their appearance. Then again...just my preference to teach my kid to focus on more things than just beauty and appearances.

Test
  • Options
    Well sweetheart that's how you feel and its okay it works for you I respect that .. This works for us. I have miscarried too many times she is my rainbow baby and this is the way we want to do.. I hope you can understand it. I am not closing doors to sports academic she can do anything she wants.
  • Options
    Soyyoyary said:

Well sweetheart that's how you feel and its okay it works for you I respect that .. This works for us. I have miscarried too many times she is my rainbow baby and this is the way we want to do.. I hope you can understand it. I am not closing doors to sports academic she can do anything she wants.

Bless your heart

Test
  • Options
    BTW my baby has 3 teeth... might be my new favorite thing ever.  
    Pregnancy Ticker