Cloth Diapering

Night Issues

Ive almost lost faith in night cloth diapering. We were using Bamboozle fitteds that worked great for night but they were going thread bare from use. Switched to another fitted diaper which is cutting into my DS legs no matter how I adjust them.

Anyone have success with Prefolds and covers with a snappy for night? We used these for the first 6 months before we switched to pockets for day use.

Suggestions? Experience? He is 30lbs, chunky thigh, slim waist, turning 2.

Re: Night Issues

• Nothing wrong with using prefolds as an ON diaper. Do what works for you. If you need more absorbency, you can trifold another prefold (if you have smaller sizes, maybe try those -- only add as much bulk as you need), or use whatever other doublers you have.

You'll get more responses if you find your way over to where everyone migrated.
  • @freezorburn Where has everyone migrated?!? Lol! Obviously I haven't been here for awhile!
  • Loading the player...
  • freezorburnfreezorburn member
    edited June 2015
    I can't give you the location because I've already been warned that directing you there is a TOU violation, but if you read the posts in the newbie question thread below, you might find search terms that will lead you there. Good luck!
  • We've never used fitteds for ON. On our almost two year old too a new style bg aio with either a daytime organic insert or ON organic flip insert has done the trick.

Our dryer had broke and we used two flats in a cover - and it worked but was drenched by morning.

You should definitely give prefolds a shot though! I'd do more than one though or add some insert. The blueberry covers are our biggest to allow for big fluffy butts.
  • Those sound like my son's measurements. He just turned 2 and we've been using a Kawaii Good night heavy wetter pockets, and 2 Kawaii bamboo pockets. Usually he'll only go through one or 2 nightly. I stuff them with both the original inserts and in between the inserts, I put a Thirsties cotton doubler.

When he was nearing a year, I almost gave up, but searched around to see what others did. Sometimes I use thick hemp inserts instead of the cotton doubler, but those take longer to dry and I don't always stuff them during laundry time.
  • We use bamboo prefolds (trifolded) with a hemp insert in a cover, and that works for a full night sleep, no leaks.
    I got them on Diaper Juntion, great quality and price.
    My son is 17 months if that helps.
    Good luck!