August 2014 Moms

Food

Anyone had issues orogressing with solids? Our guy loves food but can't seem to progress beyond semi chunky purees. Anything with more texture, he gags and then will throw up anything he has eaten. We're trying a few things his ped has suggested, but he just can't handle it yet. We're fine waiting, just wondering if anyone has been in the same spot and if anything worked well.

Re: Food

• My guy loves his purees. I have started giving him so soft finger foods. He chokes a lot cause he doesnt chew. He also hates chunky food. The most texture we have gotten him to eat is quinoa.
  • I read this great tip: when doing some finger foods that are hard to grasp cause they are so soft, yoy should grind up some cheerios, or puffs and then roll the food in it to give it some texture to grasp
  • Loading the player...
  • I love that tip!
  • We are the exact same here!! Glad to know we're not the only ones. As much as I want him to move on past purees, I feel it's best for us to just follow LO's lead. DS1 was the same way, and everything worked out fine! :)
  • I read this great tip: when doing some finger foods that are hard to grasp cause they are so soft, yoy should grind up some cheerios, or puffs and then roll the food in it to give it some texture to grasp

This is a great tip!!! Thanks for sharing this. I'm going to try this out.