Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Pump Options (Over from the July 2015 Board)

Needing some opinions of moms who are already using and have used pumps.

I have narrowed my choices down to Four different pumps and would like the opinions of now experienced moms. I would appreciate any info, review, opinions, etc. :) 
Madela Pump In Syle Advanced Pump
Melodi Prime
Spectra 9 Plus
Freemie Freedom Pump

I really appreciate your help!!!
Kate

Re: Pump Options (Over from the July 2015 Board)

• Medela.

Also double check your insurance should cover a new pump for free or upgrade for a nice discounted price.

Surprise! Baby #2 EDD 7/28/17
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Pump in style!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Medela.

Also double check your insurance should cover a new pump for free or upgrade for a nice discounted price.

All of this. Seriously just google breast pump insurance and you will find tons of medical suppliers who will bill your insurance for you so you don't even have to send in a claim. Pm me if you want to know who I used.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I had a Medela PISA after my first delivery and ezclusively pumped for 8 months. This time I am 4 months out and have been using a Spectra S1. I have had better supply since starting with the Spectra (I switched about 3 weeks pp) and I find the Spectra is much more comfortable. I think both pumps are good, just depends what works best for you.

There is an exclusively pumping group on Facebook that I joined and I have found that to be really helpful, FYI.
  • Ive only used the Medela style in go and have never had a problem with it, works great and never hurts me but I think that depends on the mom.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Medela. I've never heard of Melodi prime, freemies can be tricky, and the spectra could be great as its pretty portable but it's not meant for heavy use so if you end up needing it more it might crap out.
  • Love my Medela.
  • Love my Medela.