Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Two weeks post D&C

this might be too much info but has anyone else had brown discharge at 2 weeks after? Or mucus , stringing looking stuff?

Re: Two weeks post D&C

• It took me almost 3 weeks to stop completely and the last week was light brown spotting - could have gotten away with the same 1 panty liner all day. Hope this helps and sorry you're going through this. This emotional part is bad enough it's so cruel that we then have to deal with weeks of the physical effects!

• I'm 2 weeks post d&c on Wednesday (missed miscarriage) have had strange on off and heavy and light bleeding but know what you mean, it's like a heavy mucus discharge with brown old blood in it, when I spoke to midwife she said it was perfectly normal, said the discharge was the bodies way of clearing the cervix and vaginal walls of old blood, which makes sense but gross I know
  • Loading the player...
  • I am going through the exact same thing right now. Two weeks post D&C and brown blood with stringy mucus. Glad to know its normal.
  • And I haven't had any follows up. Have you guys?
  • No I haven't not yet, told don't need one yet and to call general practitioner if I have any major issues, I was told will receive appointment in post for a general health exam in 6 weeks!
  • anyone still experiencing slight cramping 2 weeks post d&c?  I am 16 days post d&c and wouldn't say that I have bad cramps, but definitely a cramping feeling.  I also have had headaches for the last week.
  • This Friday will be 2 weeks for me, still having the cramping and bleeding. How long does the bleeding usually last? Its not heavy but its not just spotting either. While its not as bad as the emotional pain before the D&C, I hope this part is almost over so I can move forward.
  • I had mine on Monday and I have had slight cramping at night but nothing ibuprofen doesn't help. I had some very very light spotting when wiping and have my follow up exactly two weeks post procedure. My doctor told me I wouldn't need one but I have 1,000 questions considering this was our first and I am devastated and i want the one on one face time.