Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

D and C cost

I barely turned 18 am unemployed and live in California and my local planned parenthood doesnt do D and C procedures so i'll have to go to a doctors office, and no one even knows i'm miscarrying because i have told no one i'm pregnant. my parents are alchoholics who will kick me out.. i just dont know what to do. if i applied for welfare would it bring the cost down? i'm about to be homeless unemployed student and alone. i'm looking and applying for jobs right now but idk i need advice and the estimated price

Re: D and C cost

• Options
    My cost before insurance imwas 13,000. That is in Indiana (idk if healthcare cost vary by state) at a hospital known to be slightly higher priced than others. Since my insurance is also through that hospital, i am hoping they take a big chunk out of my bill. Most places let you pay a little each month until it is paid off and my hospital has a financial assistance form. When I had my last bill, my husband was working full time and I had just started working full time and they gave us 100% forgiveness on any bill under $2000, then took a big chunk out of the rest. You may ask about that. With your financial situation, you should qualify for a big discount or a 100% write off if your facility offers that. Praying you get the assistance you need in order to get good care so you can move on with the grieving process.
  • Options
    thank you so much for your help
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine is scheduled for Friday and the co-insurance is 20%. They said I will be paying around $300 out of pocket.
  • Options
    I'm sorry you're going through this.  Are you 100% sure you need a D&C? Depending on how far along you are and your exact situation, it could happen naturally. 
  • Options
    I had no idea they cost that much. That is terrible. It is such a burden during an already devastating time. I agree with @whit3183, do you think it is possible to do it naturally? Also, is there anyone who could support you during this time? Any close friends or someone that you trust? Whichever way you decide to do it I think it would be helpful to tell at least one person. It is a large burden to carry on your own. If there is no one you can speak to be sure to post here with any questions or even just to vent. My thoughts are with you. Xx
  • Options
    Hello,
    I know I'm a little late on this post but if you aren't far along there is a chance you can miscarry naturally. As far as the cost goes I had a D&C and had to stay in the hospital for 3 days afterwards because I had to get a blood transfusion. The cost for me was over 25,000. I would suggest medicad since you are 18 and looking for a job. You can go to your local hospital and there is usually a rep somewhere in the hospital with an office and lots of information that can help. I would very highly suggest this. I hope this helps and I'm sorry for your loss!