August 2014 Moms
Options

Sleeping solidarity

We have yet to have one night of sleeping through the night. When I tell some people this, I hear, "My kids were great sleepers, thy slept throught the night since I brought them home from the hospital," or at six weeks or whatever. If that's you, I am honestly happy for you but I don't want to hear it when I have bags under my eyes at 9 months old. I hear other stories too, about kids who didn't sleep through the night till 5 years old. I know there are extremes, I just need to hear we aren't alone in our sleep patterns. Are there any other moms who have yet to experience the magic that is a full nigt of sleep? I feel the need for some sleepless solidarity :)

Re: Sleeping solidarity

• Options
    Ditto all of what you just said! I thought I was the only one ever to be almost 10 months in and not have had a single full night of sleep!
  • Options
    Im with YOU!!! I hate when people make me feel like a bad mom cause i dont let my kid scream his way back to sleep. Almost 10 months and a good night is one wake up around midnight and another around 4-5am. But the nymber of times that has happened i can count on one hand. I do admit he was a better sleeper before 4 months. Last night he was up every 2 hours...darn teeth!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Totally!  My son gives me a 4 hour stretch every once in a while and ONCE slept a whole 6 hours but most nights he's up every 2-3 hours.  I still nurse to sleep because it's easy.  We've tried a couple of times to break the habit, once at 4 months and again at 6 months but both times the hours of screaming in the middle of the night just weren't worth it.  It's easier for me to get up for 10 mins three or four times a night than to fight with him to go back to sleep.  Now at 9 months, I am in the slow process of trying to night wean again, mostly because we really want to try for #2 and I suspect that the frequent night feedings are a big part of the reason why I haven't got my period back yet.  So far it's going much better than attempts 1 and 2 but tomorrow will be the first night of actually cutting out feeds so I might not be feeling so optimistic come Thursday.  Wish me luck and I totally feel you on getting less and less patient towards moms who brag or worse complain when their bay wakes up once or twice in the night!
  • Options
    So glad I am not alone!! And good luck @Amandanmoen rooting for you!!