November 2015 Moms

Important "Gender" Poll

dogsombrerodogsombrero member
edited June 2015 in November 2015 Moms
Do you care about what anyone's kids genetalia looks like on this forum? Do you care about people wanting to her old wives tales about "gender"?
*"gender" in quotes because that's usually how it is written in the threads even though it's "sex or genetalia".

Important "Gender" Poll 137 votes

I love guessing- it's fun!
13% 18 votes
Meh- who cares
31% 43 votes
Hate it- for the love of god whyyyyyy are there tons of these AW posts weekly.
54% 74 votes
SS
1% 2 votes

Re: Important "Gender" Poll

• Loading the player...
  • I posted this so we can just copy and paste on each of these annoying threads.
  • To clarify I don't mind the old wives tale post that was a group one, not an AW one, about all the different crazy ones out there!
  • This. So much this.
    I love your sig!

*YCSWU June Siggy*

DS Born May 5th, 2012

Baby #2 due November 19th, 2015

• I decided I wanted it in my sig. Saves time.
  • Didn't read all the prior posts, but is it just me or do some of you just scroll down and look at the "yellow" numbers saying posts you've previously read have new posts?! Thats what I do and I don't bother reading each title on each page.. Takes too long and I don't have all day and night to worry about redundant posts. If it annoys me I usually just leave my app.

Just a note-- not annoyed now but it's kind of funny that everyone is in an uproar about it! Lol.
    My DH and I are expecting our first child! A boy.. we're thrilled :)http://www.thebump.com/profiles/kestes946/settings/avatar/index# BabyFruit Ticker BabyName Ticker Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've started writing "TACOS" or "BARF" on redundant posts. So far no OPs or WKs have commented. I know it's childish but I'm just so, so tired of the "gender" "you are mean" posts.

Edit: too many words

You recognise your being childish yet still say these things to other women anyway... This is exactly the problem with this board.
    If you have had enough like alot of us have please join us on this new group
    https://forums.thebump.com/group/665-november-2015-fresh-start
  • ash413ash413 member

I've started writing "TACOS" or "BARF" on redundant posts. So far no OPs or WKs have commented. I know it's childish but I'm just so, so tired of the "gender" "you are mean" posts.

You recognise your being childish yet still say these things to other women anyway... This is exactly the problem with this board.
    *recognize*
  • ash413 said:

I've started writing "TACOS" or "BARF" on redundant posts. So far no OPs or WKs have commented. I know it's childish but I'm just so, so tired of the "gender" "you are mean" posts.

*recognize*
    I'm guna blame that one on the fact I live in New Zealand and we spell slightly differently to American spelling... look it up.
    Also another example Mom for you Mum for me.
  • ash413 said:

*recognize*
    I'm guna blame that one on the fact I live in New Zealand and we spell slightly differently to American spelling... look it up.
    Also another example Mom for you Mum for me.
    *gonna (or going to)

• Love you too sweetheart alot x
  • Love you too sweetheart alot x

Now you're just being a troll.
    You can get banned for that.
    I suggest going off to your group and enjoying it there before the admins catch all your spam posts.
  • Starting a poll was actually a really clever and sensible idea. Because apparently only a small group of "awful people" do not like the constant gender/sex/genitals posts. Clearly not the case with this kind of majority.

Also. Serious question. Am I the only one that gets freaked out about the Internet and what you can find on here? I had unexplained bleeding early on and you wouldn't believe what I found on google searches... Photos of people's blood (so grim), pictures of miscarriages, people's full details on their scans etc. EVERYTHING you post on the Internet is available to everyone, everywhere. You really should think twice before posting photos and private info or giving too much personal stuff away. I wouldn't want my children to grow up and find photos of their private parts on the Internet and you can't guarantee they won't. Save it for your Facebook or Instagram if they're private?

Instead of seeing it as an attack, maybe see it as nice strangers actually trying to protect you.
  • Pontot31 said:

Love you too sweetheart alot x

Now you're just being a troll.
    You can get banned for that.
    I suggest going off to your group and enjoying it there before the admins catch all your spam posts.
    I find it humorous that she doesn't realize her spamming and trolling are TOU violations and are likely being reported as we speak.
  • I posted this so we can just copy and paste on each of these annoying threads.
    In that case I'd like to add this accurate illustration: image
    Is that a Evgeni gif!?  Talk about weird celebrity crushes.  Love him.  Oh, and yes, the redundant "guess what" posts are annoying. This is the first internet board I've ever participated in, and it is a learning experience for sure.  But even I have figured out (hopefully) where to participate in respective category posts, they're right on top for goodness sake.