October 2015 Moms

Anyone else having a significant amount of back pain after a long day at work?

Hi. I work on my feet 12 hour shifts and I have been experiencing a lot of back pain after I finish out my day. Any suggestions on exercises, stretches or workouts that may help me? I was going to the gym 4-6 days a week but 1st trimester I had so much sickness I fell off the bandwagon and am having a hard time fitting it back in! Please help!

Re: Anyone else having a significant amount of back pain after a long day at work?

• I teach dance and by the end of my day my back hurts like the dickens.
    I can't think of any special stretches that I do.
    But you might try an Epsom salt bath at the end of the day.
    Here's an article I found on the benefits for Epsom salts and pregnancy:
    https://www.mypregnancybaby.com/epsom-salt-bath-while-pregnant/
    Hope you feel better!
  • aah1013aah1013 member
    edited June 2015
    I'm on my feet for most of my shift, too. I find that I need to pay more attention to my posture when I'm standing still and make an effort to tuck my hips under/forward. Also, I sit when I can. If I can't sit, I try to shift my weight on my feet. If I'm at the desk, I sometimes bend over (kinda with my butt up in the air) and stretch my back. If you are on your feet that much, I highly recommend a belly support belt.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Same here I can hardly walk after work it's too much sometimes!! I have been taking a bubble bath (safe temp of course) with Dr Teal's epsom salt lavender bubble bath and it helps soooo much !! I got it at Target for like $5 :) there's another one with eucalyptus that works really well too
  • Thank you all!! I will be trying this stuff this week!
  • Stretch your calves. Roll a towel or yoga mat and step both feet up with your heels on the floor and then lean onto something until you feel the stretch. It saved me when i waited tables through my last pregnacy.
  • By the end of the day my lower back always hurts. With my first child I went to the chiropractor a bunch and that helped. This time a massage therapist has helped me more than anything! Typically though I just roll on some icy hot and that gives instant relief.
  • Try a belly band for more support! That helped me a ton during long shifts with my first.
  • HEATING PAD! I literally cannot sleep anymore without a warm bath and a heating bad on my back at night. During the day try some tiger balm on your back, too.