October 2015 Moms
Options

while in the hospital

This is a dumb question but I'm going to see what you veteran moms have to say. After I had my daughter she was just under 7lbs. And the baby hospital clothes didn't fit her so they rigged the clothes (so weird). It totally wasn't a big deal... anyway I didn't think to bring clothes for her to wear while there and only had my husband bring a going home outfit before we left the hospital. Are you supposed to bring clothing for the babies to wear for those few days or do they keep them all in the same hospital garb for security purposes? It's really not a big deal hahaha but just curious if I should bring this little guy his own sleepers. Told you it was a dumb question.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: while in the hospital

• Options
    jem89jem89 member
    Where I live, in Ontario, there are no hospital clothes for the babies and everyone brings their own outfits. I thought that was the norm:)
  • Options
    I think it's either way. Mom too. I know lots of moms are buying their own hospital gowns that are more attractive than hospital ones. Pro of using the hospital clothes and blankets though is less laundry for you to wash lol
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That's a really good question and one I hadn't thought about yet. My son was in the nicu for seven days and I had a few onsies for him so he could be comfy. I planned on doing just onsies for this one as well, no 'real' outfits.
  • Options
    xpaperxxpaperx member
    Where I live in nj, they keep babies dressed in a little adjustable shirt, diaper and swaddled. All provided by the hospital. We only brought an outfit for him to wear when leaving but it seems like this might differ by state.
  • Options

This is a dumb question but I'm going to see what you veteran moms have to say. After I had my daughter she was just under 7lbs. And the baby hospital clothes didn't fit her so they rigged the clothes (so weird). It totally wasn't a big deal... anyway I didn't think to bring clothes for her to wear while there and only had my husband bring a going home outfit before we left the hospital. Are you supposed to bring clothing for the babies to wear for those few days or do they keep them all in the same hospital garb for security purposes? It's really not a big deal hahaha but just curious if I should bring this little guy his own sleepers.

Told you it was a dumb question.

Totally your decision. I left my first in their long sleeved shirts and swaddlers blankets. And maybe he worn a sleeper the second day
  • Options
    xpaperx said:

Where I live in nj, they keep babies dressed in a little adjustable shirt, diaper and swaddled. All provided by the hospital. We only brought an outfit for him to wear when leaving but it seems like this might differ by state.

This. I think I'll do the same again this time because those little kimono shirts are great for their umbilical cord and are super soft from being washed a thousand times.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Where we love they dress the babies for us after birth and until we leave, unless we choose to use our own, but a lot of people donate clothes to the NICU and mom and baby unit so that's where it comes from. With my son I donated all of his newborn outfits because he was 9.7 lbs and too big for them all... So some little baby will wear it !
  • Options
    aah1013aah1013 member
    The hospital where I deliver provides a little kimono type white jacket, diapers, and a blanket. I won't bother with changing her into other clothes. No need to deal with extra stuff. We didn't bother last time either. I have seen people dress their babies right away. Just seems like a hassle to me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    aah1013 said:

The hospital where I deliver provides a little kimono type white jacket, diapers, and a blanket. I won't bother with changing her into other clothes. No need to deal with extra stuff. We didn't bother last time either. I have seen people dress their babies right away. Just seems like a hassle to me.

This. Plus all the checking they need to do I just assume it would be easier for the baby to be in something from the hospital.
  • Options
    We just swaddled with a diaper. The hospital gave us the kimono shirt but we didn't use it because we did so much skin to skin and because it was gigantic.
    I remember dressing my daughter in her going home outfit and thinking it was weird to see her in clothes!
  • Options
    nsaid4unsaid4u member
    I am in Alberta, Canada, here the hospitals provide little cotton gowns and recieving blankets for baby. If u want them to wear actual clothes while in the hospital you would bring your own..
  • Options
    It also depends on your hospital. I've heard a wide variety of experiences in hospitals following the birth of a baby, so I would check with yours. We didn't bring anything but an outfit to go home in for DD. I didn't invest in any sort of personal hospital gown either because I was fine with bleeding on theirs in the event I had that issue. I did bring my own change of clothes for when I was more comfortable, but DD didn't change into her own until we left!

• Options
    Previous hospital did not provide clothing. It was also right as the government shutdown happened so they were barely able to provide diapers, wipes and mesh undies (for moms). I will be bringing my own comfortable robe for after delivery so I feel human again. We brought several outfits for baby and I'm glad we did.
    October Siggy Challenge

Image result for horrible pregnancy halloween costumes

Oct 15 Glitter Bunnies