December 2015 Moms

Finding it hard

Bit of a depressing one but feel like I'm really finding this pregnancy very hard, with constant fatigue, nausea,bloating and hormones it's starting to get me down, I'm 9 + 5 so hoping it won't last much longer, this is also my first baby, had a blighted ovum back in February so I am grateful that I'm pregnant again just letting off some steam I guess :(

Re: Finding it hard

• That is around the time I started feeling relief. Hope it is right around the corner for you. Hang in there.
  • Loading the player...
  • I've heard a really good book is Pregnancy Sucks. Been meaning to pick that one up. 

SaveSave
  • abidabiabidabi member
    I love being pregnant, just hate feeling pregnant, just seem to be getting every symptom going ATM! Had a scan at 8 weeks and everything looks perfect and I look at the picture and know it will be worth it, just feeling like poop!
  • I feel ya on that. My nausea has been very mild to non-existent, so I'm lucky (my mom was the same way). Only threw up once and was ravenous right after. My fatigue and bloating are extra bad though. Only thing is I'm kind of prone to UTI's and I hate-hate-hate them, they hurt so bad (last one turned into a kidney infection) and am really not looking forward to not being able to take meds if I get sick. 

SaveSave
  • Absolutely! That's exactly what I mean. It can leave you feeling physically awful, but it will be well worth it in the end! And, the second trimester will be here sooner than you know it.
  • I hear you girl. I'm not enjoying this pregnancy at all. I have a lot of friends that are just enjoying every healthy second, and I can barely get out of bed by noon. It's to the point where I honestly do not want anymore kids after this baby, and this is my first. It's so hard to enjoy anything right now :(
  • Hey due date buddy! :) hoping things start to ease up for you, I'm just now starting to feel some lessening symptoms with the fatigue and nausea.
  • abidabiabidabi member
    Never like to wish time away but in this case 2nd trimester can't come quick enough lol! Thank you lovely ladies for listening I don't like to complain about this kind of thing but I needed
    A good moan :)
  • abidabiabidabi member
    grkgdss00 said:

Hey due date buddy! :) hoping things start to ease up for you, I'm just now starting to feel some lessening symptoms with the fatigue and nausea.

My dates the 28th of dec? Hope mine eases up soon!
  • I am right there will you (10 weeks 1 day) and I've been getting really discouraged. It's to the point that I don't even like leaving the house unless I absolutely have to because I've thrown up so many times in public that I just want to spare myself some embarrassment at this point.

But I've been thinking of it this way- when I was in high school I hated running, but I ran track. I dreaded every practice because they were painful and quite frankly awful but after every single track meet I would look at the medals I won, or my personal records I beat and every injury tear and time I wished I was dead during sprints felt totally worth it. I'm thinking this will feel the same when I'm holding my little babe, and I'm sure it will be for you as well.

When it gets REALLY bad and I find myself feeling guilty for hating my pregnancy so much I lay a onesie on my chest and imagine what it will feel like to have my baby there. Sometimes I sing to the baby too, even though it can't hear me yet.

It sucks feeling like crap about something that should be a magical time, especially since you're PGAL, but for some people it really is miserable and it's completely natural to not feel like shitting rainbows and unicorns when you feel this way.

Hope you feel better soon.
  • LMJLLMJL member
    Was just talking to a girlfriend who told me she really didn't like being pregnant, but she loved breastfeeding & had easy labor. And she is a fabulous mom! So it's alright to not to enjoy this at all. Maybe you'll be like her! Also, Ive been lucky this time & just have nausea & no vomiting, but when I can, some exercise really helps my state of mind, even just a slow walk. Hope you feel better soon!
  • Yeah I hate to say it but I absolutely hate being pregnant. I feel so useless and just horrible all the time from the nausea and vomiting. I keep telling my husband that at this rate I don't think I could handle being pregnant again.
  • BabyVAZBabyVAZ member
    Bring pregnant is a mirical. A true blessing. Just enjoy it as much as you can. It's all worth it. Bad days happen don't best yourself up xo
  • Im right there with ya! Im 11 weeks and still sick. I told my husband this is it, only child. I had a loss as well. Just bc we hate being pregnant in no way does that mean we'll hate being mothers or that we are bad people. I get a lot of slack from my MIL but she never had ms and claims she loved being pregnant and never had more energy blah blah. Not everyone is that lucky

• abidabiabidabi member
    Thank you ladies, nice to know I'm not the only one! Like I said I just keep looking at my scan picture and I know it will be worth it! Roll on 2nd trimester!
  • Hang on in there! So many of us know exactly what you're going through. This is my second pregnancy and as soon as I started feeling all the horrid symptoms again I was like "err how did I forget it was this bad?!?". I'm miserable and sadly I can't hide it. Just remember it's not forever and it's all for an amazing cause (frankly I find it hard to remember that and feel like telling those who tell me that to b***er off and just lie somewhere in my own nauseous/exhausted/sciatic misery!!!). As soon as you start feeling better though you feel AMAZING as it's such a contrast. Xxx
  • Was that even helpful?! I'm not sure! Sorry. I may have used the opportunity to vent myself...☺️
  • abidabiabidabi member
    Haha feel free to vent! I know what u mean, my friend is also pregnant and she's having a lovely time! Bitch! (Just kidding) I just love those occasional couple of minutes in a day where I feel like my old self! Bliss :)

• It will get better, I promise!

• fioripfiorip member
    Yes pregnancy is a miracle, but it's still a bitch. I'm 11 weeks today and I can tell you it will get better, from week 4-10 I was miserable. Since last week it's been better, I don't feel sick and exhausted everyday, I had three days last week that I felt energetic and had barely any nausea. Hang in there! Hope you start feeling better sooner rather than later!
    I'm 29, husband is 30
    Together since 2006
    Married 01.17.15  <3

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

• Literally am so glad I'm not al9ne. I'm 13 and 5 and this is getting so old! Hope and pray we all feel better soon.
  • abidabiabidabi member
    We can be poorly girlies together, hope we all feel better soon [-O<
  • hcdmdfhcdmdf member
    I'm 13w5d and I was just thinking today that if my first pregnancy had been like this one, I might have chosen one and done. Though my nausea isn't severe is is constant and grinds me down. I am having a hard time dealing with it and the bloating and fatigue and on top of it all, breaking out like a goddamn teenager. Sigh. Waiting for it to just start settling down
  • Can it be December already?? My mom keeps telling me that baby doesn't have a calendar so it doesn't know it suppose to be behaving because I'm in my 2nd trimester... Time for a nap for me...
  • I felt so nauseous, tired and sore until the day I hit week 12. I have felt so much better since then. I am excited for the second trimester! I agree that had I felt this way during my first pregnancy combined with the complications I experienced with DS, I may not have wanted to do it again. With that being said, DH and I had agreed on two kids from the beginning so I am glad that this is our last pregnancy. It is ok to be excited about being pregnant and not love the pregnancy symptoms. 
  • Left work at noon today and as soon as I walked in the front door I threw up 3 times. Yay...sarcasm. This has not been a fun process. Yes this is a miracle and I couldn't feel more blessed but so far pregnancy is simply a means to an end. Feeling awful. 9 wks 5 days.