February 2016 Moms

Cravings

I know it's early on, but is anyone else having cravings yet?

I can't stop eating Bologna, mustard (on things of course), and sour stuff!
Benjamin born on - 4/5/12
BFP 12/31/14, EDD 9/08/14 ~ Natural M/C 2/21/14 at 11.5 weeks
BFP 5/24/15 - EDD 2/4/16

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Cravings

• Not yet. I didn't have many, if any, cravings with my son and I was sorta upset about that. The only thing that stood out was I like supreme pizzas when usually I do not. I haven't eaten one since I was pregnant last! I did have desires to eat cereal with milk during a week that said baby's bones were growing and wanted a lot of red meat during a week that said something that made sense to prevent anemia. It was so lame.
    -Kimberly :) 
    My Ridiculous Chart                                                    
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My first pregnancy the only thing I craved was cheese, cheese everything. Lol! And I had an aversion for hot dogs. My second pregnancy was an aversion for raw chicken....yuck. No aversions yet this time, but my cravings may change when/if the nausea kicks in.
    BFP 5/24/15 - EDD 2/4/16

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I haven't noticed any yet but my nose is getting increasingly more sensitive.
  • Lemon flavored things, like sherbet, Luna bars, and drinks. More than cravings, nothing sounds good. (Except lemons). And chocolate has become way too rich!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • angc4angc4 member
    I actually feel like I have a decreased appetitive but it might be because I've had nothing but being pregnant on my brain
    28, DH - 30 
    Married 10/04/14 
    TTC since 1/1/15
    BFP 5/28/15
    MC 6/9/15
    BFP#2 9/21/15 - EDD 5/20/16
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • All I got was a stupid headache. Wish I was getting cravings!
    30, DH - 41
    Married - 12/28/13
    Pregnant w/ #2
    DS - 22 Months 1/29/16
    EDD: DS 4/1/18
  • LMMamaLMMama member
    I haven't had any cravings yet this time. With my first pregnancy I couldn't get enough cinnamon toast crunch. I usually had it when i woke up and as an after dinner snack. After I had my daughter I wanted nothing to do with it.
  • HBirdieHBirdie member
    No cravings for me yet. But I have started sucking down water like no tomorrow, I need my very cold ice water near me at all times. :) 

My last pregnancy I was so so sick during first tri that I could hardly eat anything, and my cravings didn't start until after that was over, so maybe it'll be the same this time. Last time all I wanted was pizza, raspberries, and ice cream.
  • tboslet said:

All I got was a stupid headache. Wish I was getting cravings!

Aww, feel better! Lavender is supposed to help with headaches
    BFP 5/24/15 - EDD 2/4/16

BabyFruit Ticker

• HBirdie said:

No cravings for me yet. But I have started sucking down water like no tomorrow, I need my very cold ice water near me at all times. :) 

My last pregnancy I was so so sick during first tri that I could hardly eat anything, and my cravings didn't start until after that was over, so maybe it'll be the same this time. Last time all I wanted was pizza, raspberries, and ice cream.

This, can't get enough ice water! I need to flavor it so I don't get bored of it too quickly.
  • mrs3615mrs3615 member
    I haven't had many cravings- but I am starting to have aversions. Chocolate doesn't even sound good (blasphemy, I know!) and the smell of some cooked meats is making me nauseated. I have a stomach bug that I likely picked up from the ER (no vomiting but super yellow diarrhea- sorry guys, TMI). So that might be influencing things a bit! I am drinking coconut water and regular water and the nurse has me on the BRAT diet. I hope I crave veggies or something if I do get cravings!

me: 29 DH: 30
    Married 3.6.15
    EDD of Baby S 2.5.16

LFAF-July Siggy
  • I can't get enough Kombucha! I'm either drinking it or wishing I was most of the day. And it helps so much with the nausea I've been having! Last pregnancy all I ever wanted was biscuits and gravy. Haven't touched them since and never ate them before. And I gained like 44574 lbs :)

Pregnancy Ticker

Happy Birthday Month to Me!

• And I gained like 44574 lbs :)

Sounds about right, haha
    30, DH - 41
    Married - 12/28/13
    Pregnant w/ #2
    DS - 22 Months 1/29/16
  • angc4angc4 member
    Any of you veterans think that there would be any red flags associated with drinking protein drinks for a meal with plant-based protein, fruits, and veggies or a super green powder? I'm thinking I will plan to do this at least twice a week maybe 3 times
    28, DH - 30 
    Married 10/04/14 
    TTC since 1/1/15
    BFP 5/28/15
    MC 6/9/15
    BFP#2 9/21/15 - EDD 5/20/16
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • No real cravings just yet. I am getting hungry more often though and I think I may already be feeling some round ligament pain. @tboslet Check your local dollar tree for a cooling face mask. I picked one up that has a bunch of little gel beads in it and it's amazing for headaches! (Especially since I'm trying to lay off any pain killers.) 
    Baby 2.0!
    BabyFruit Ticker

"http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/32499b"
     28 Years old DH 29
    Married since 8/7/10
  • With baby #1, I craved ice!  So weird, but chewing ice was the most wonderful thing to me, so much so that when I got preg with #2, I was all like, "Dang...I hope I crave ice again!" lol!  I had zero cravings with #2.

Now that I'm preg with #3, I am definitely not craving anything but I am always hungry and always mildly nauseated.  It's like having a hangover.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm craving cherries like whoa right now!
  • @Sprinkles07 thanks for the tip! I had a bit of some coffee and I think the caffeine helped. Miss my Excedrin though!
    30, DH - 41
    Married - 12/28/13
    Pregnant w/ #2
    DS - 22 Months 1/29/16
  • Salt. Like salami and olives and feta cheese. So. I guess brine.
  • Ok had my first craving today: white rice with peanut butter and soy sauce. I have never had this in my life but it was delicious- even DH agreed!

Disclaimer: again, I don't know if this was pregnancy related or just me seeking specific nutrients after having a stomach bug. If it continues, I'll let you know!
    me: 29 DH: 30
    Married 3.6.15
    EDD of Baby S 2.5.16

LFAF-July Siggy
  • Okay, this kid is a health nut. I ran out last night to buy cherries and nectarines, and this morning I made my husband stop at Whole Food so I could pick up arugula and avacado for a salad. (I almost never eat salad, I prefer cooked veggies.)

Hope that this keeps up, it'll make sticking to the GD diet so much easier!
  • Yesterday I would have said I hadn't had any cravings yet, but today. . .
    Onion rings (not just any onion rings, very specific onion rings)
    Shrimp and grits (also specific)
    Lemon pound cake (more general, but must be better than the crap I tried after lunch today.)
  • So far just Mexican. With DS all I wanted was tomato soup and grilled cheeses.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • bbax44bbax44 member
    I also I'm consistently hungry every 2-3 hours. Feel like I'm a total pig lately. Nausea comes and goes throughout the day. Cravings are anything spicy really: Mexican and refried beans, buffalo wings.. if it makes my mouth hot, I'm in heaven. Salads and rocky road ice cream. That's about it so far. :P
  • PaniaOPaniaO member
    Ditto on the lemon. Lemon anything. When I'm truly hungry, I want eggs (hot, not hard-boiled) or black beans. And for the first time in fifteen years, I enjoyed the hell out of a burger and keep craving another when I smell meat! So bizarre for me. (The bun was gluten-free, but the meat/starch combo screwed up my stomach anyway for a couple days, unfortunately. Not sure I'll do it again.) Today I've really experienced that nothing-sounds-good thing I've heard others mention, so that's pretty unfortunate, too. I'm usually always in the mood for a good salad. It seems like when it's hot during the day, I'm nauseated thinking about much other than super-lemony snacks.
    S & A married 8.12.2013
    Expecting Saulie O 2.12.2016
  • This week I've craved subway and Chinese. I got my subway (toasted!!) no Chinese yet though.
    Baby 2.0!
    BabyFruit Ticker

"http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/32499b"
     28 Years old DH 29
    Married since 8/7/10
  • Spicy and Mexican food! I think almost everything I've eaten since conception has been spicy.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • PaniaO said:
    Ditto on the lemon. Lemon anything. . . . I'm nauseated thinking about much other than super-lemony snacks.

THIS!  EVERYTHING LEMON really.  Best Drink ever?  French Lemonade. . . (Carbonated lemonade . . . most famous brand is Loreena.)   

• So far just mashed potatoes with gravy and fried chicken. With my 1st I wanted Mexican food (the spicier the better) and slushies from sonic!
  • Blueberries, and nutella and strawberry jelly sandwiches!  OMG, I just finished one, it was heavenly!
    Pregnancy Ticker  

• @Compprof I don't know if you like to bake but i have a lemon poundcake recipe at home that (to me) is delicious.  I will post when I get home tonight if you want :)
    Pregnancy Ticker  

• I really would like some Starbucks and Japanese! I had my husband pick up some waffle house for me the other day. Mostly food a versions for me. Pizza sounds disgusting although I normally love it. Also, I made some mac and cheese and it was gross. So was a pickle I tries to eat.
  • Not any hardcore "cravings" yet, but I do have fried chicken on the brain a lot! I definitely have an aversion to extremely sweet things, though. Usually I'm a super sweet tooth...but now I can't even stomach fruit that is too sweet.
  • Seems I have more aversions than cravings. I have noticed I want mostly fresh fruits and veggies. DH picked up teriyaki for dinner last night and all i could muster was the side of rice and the steamed veggies. The thought of meat makes me sick right now.

Married.....09/08/2012
    Baby F.......02/02/2016
  • So far, Mexican food and avocados.
    In other words, I've eaten about 5 pounds of guacamole.

Mom to Benjamin 6/2011 and Lena 5/2013; baby 3 on the way

• I have wanted all the salty things.  chips, ramen, french fries.  I really want fried pickles but i haven't had them yet...maybe tonight.
    My Baby Penguins
    DD1: 9/19/11
    DS: 1/1/14
    DD2: 1/31/16

• CompProfCompProf member
    edited June 2015

@Compprof I don't know if you like to bake but i have a lemon poundcake recipe at home that (to me) is delicious.  I will post when I get home tonight if you want :)

@Wurrkingurrl I love to bake, and have a great recipe too, but I'd love to see yours and compare. No, I'm being lazy on acount of it being 90 plus degrees here with 80% humidity lol

• I had been craving Doritos for a few days and had some yesterday which satisfied it. Now all I can think about is clam chowder!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Mexican food. Mexican food. And more Mexican food.

Oh and Chick Fil A.
    Pregnancy Ticker

September Siggy Challenge - Favorite Thing About Fall:
  • I have wanted all the salty things.  chips, ramen, french fries.  I really want fried pickles but i haven't had them yet...maybe tonight.

Ramen was my JAM growing up!