Nurseries and Baby Gear

when to buy a crib?

Hi! I'm a FTM and I'm just about 9 weeks. I was wondering how soon is too soon to buy a crib? When do people usually make that purchase?

Re: when to buy a crib?

• I would say buy it around 20+ weeks but make sure it's at least 8 weeks before EDD so if it takes a while to ship you're ok.
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
    Baby Boy due October 2017
  • rue:Drue:D member
    I bought mine around 16w because Target was running a promo on them.
  • Loading the player...
  • I bought mine at 36 weeks, and we finally set it up when I was 40 weeks. But it was only a 5 day shipping, and we knew that the baby was going to be in our room for the first few weeks anyway, so we weren't in a rush. We were actually going to wait until we were ready to move baby into her own room, but there was a really good deal on the one we wanted, so we purchased it. It is really up to you, and if you are the type of person that feels the nursery HAS to be done before the baby is born or not. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • I waited until after we got good results at our anatomy scan at 20 weeks. I figured even if the crib took a while to arrive, I planned on having DS room-in with us in our bedroom, since I planned to nurse him, so it wasn't necessary to have the crib assembled before he was born. 
  • We put ours up at 2ish weeks. After our 20 week anatomy scan and gender reveal, we registered and took off all holds of buying things. I wouldn't wait too long -- we ordered ours from Target and the back was cracked so we had to wait another week or so for a new part before we could assemble it. 
  • Ours is 7 weeks and we haven't bought one yet. Still in a co-sleeper. For at least 2 more months for our preemie. I'll buy when we're ready to use.
  • We bought our cot when I was around 12 weeks pregnant but didnt set it up until I was about 28 weeks