1st Trimester

hcg levels?

I have just experienced one of the worst weeks of my life. Monday morning I started spotting later in the afternoon I began bleeding heavily and cramping my back hurt so bad I spent most of the day in bed with a heating pad. I went to the doctor on Tuesday they did an ultrasound but didn't see baby. she said it was possible that I was off on how far along I was. the first day of my last period was April 10th so I should have been 6 weeks and 4 days since they couldn't see the baby they had me do the blood work they said if my hcg levels doubled in 48 hours the baby could still be alive I went back on Thursday and had my levels recheck when I called the doctor to see what the results were they said that on Tuesday it was 69 and on Thursday it was 200 so it more than doubled and that means baby still growing. what has me so concerned is how low the HCG levels are they have me at 3 to 4 weeks that doesn't make sense to me that would mean I got pregnant the day before I got a positive pregnancy test has this happened to anyone else how accurate are the HCG test does anyone even know? I'm also really scared that my pregnancy symptoms seem to be gone I want to be optimistic but something just feels wrong

Re: hcg levels?

• kcmichelkcmichel member
    edited May 2015
    Do you have another sono check soon?
    There are several reasons your #s may be low - late ovulation plus late implantation and sometimes our bodies just release the hcg slower at first. 200 is actually within normal range for 5-6 weeks. Hcg is accurate but #s and our bodies can do funny things. I had concerning #s at 6 weeks but a sono at 7w showed all was fine.
    There is a chance it could be another issue like ectopic pregnancy or something else but only another sono can confirm that.
  • the doctors office didn't say anything about getting another sonogram in fact they didn't think they needed to see me again until June 23rd that felt so wrong to me so I went to the hospital and requested my lab results. the doctors office read them wrong to me yesterday my results on the 26th we're 188 and my results on the 28th 69. they read them to me backwards I did have a miscarriage I am so angry at them all of my close friends and family new I thought I had a miscarriage. I told them all I didn't because that is what the doctors office told me now I have to relive it all again it just seems so cruel
  • Loading the player...
  • I am so sorry to hear that. And am so sorry for your loss!!!! I can't believe you had to go through that. :(