Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Help!

kgillespie18kgillespie18 member
edited May 2015 in Trying to Get Pregnant
My husband and I have been trying to conceive for a few months now. My period was supposed to start on 05/18/2015 and still hasn't made an appearance. I've taken 3 tests at home and they are all negative. Yesterday and today, my breasts have felt a little sore and there has been an increase in my discharge (its white and odorless).  Has anyone else experienced this while trying to conceive?

Any advice will help! I'm new to this and am not sure what to expect/think.

Re: Help!

• Options

My husband and I have been trying to conceive for a few months now. My period was supposed to start on 05/18/2015 and still hasn't made an appearance. I've taken 3 tests at home and they are all negative. Yesterday and today, my breasts have felt a little sore and there has been an increase in my discharge (its white and odorless). Could these be signs that my period is coming or early signs of pregnancy?

Any advice will help! I'm new to this and am not sure what to expect/think.
    They could be anything. You aren't out until you need a pad. When did you take the HPT?

-- did you use first morning urine?
    -- did you follow directions?

If you go 60 days without a period or a positive HPT. Contact your doctor.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Tender breasts = twins. Congrats.
    TTC since 12/2014
  • Options
    Thanks , I didn't mean for it sound as if I was asking strangers to diagnosis my symptoms. I was only trying to see if other may have had similar experience and what their thoughts were. I will be more mindful of how I phrase posts in the future.

Thanks for the advice
  • Options
    You should read one of the top posts called "If you could tell a newbie anything".

Me: 24
    DH: 24
    Married: August 2013
    TTC:April 2015

• Options

Thanks , I didn't mean for it sound as if I was asking strangers to diagnosis my symptoms. I was only trying to see if other may have had similar experience and what their thoughts were. I will be more mindful of how I phrase posts in the future.

Thanks for the advice
    You called your post "Could I be pregnant?" It's pretty clear what you're asking. Even asked in a roundabout way, it's still against TOU.
  • Options
    redshoes2015redshoes2015 member
    edited May 2015

Congrats!!

edit: gif fail
  • Options
    Again, my apologies. I have changed the name of my post. I really wasn't trying to violate the TOU policy. This experience is very new to me and was only looking for some help. I apologize I don't really have anyone else I can discuss this with.

Please let me know if you still feel like this post violates the TOU and I will remove the post and refrain from posting again until I have read the TOU again and read other post, such as the one referenced above.
  • Options
    My advice?
    Read "If you could tell a newbie anything" LURK.
    Order and read Taking Charge of Your Fertility.
    Start temping to determine when you ovulate, which will help you understand when you should take a HPT. Fertility Friend is great.
    Don't symptom spot.

• Options

Thanks for the advice
    No body else's experience will make any difference for you...

Can someone explain why everyone that asks this type of question does it this way? It makes no sense. X_X

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• Options

Again, my apologies. I have changed the name of my post. I really wasn't trying to violate the TOU policy. This experience is very new to me and was only looking for some help. I apologize I don't really have anyone else I can discuss this with.

Please let me know if you still feel like this post violates the TOU and I will remove the post and refrain from posting again until I have read the TOU again and read other post, such as the one referenced above.

Thanks for the apology! Please don't delete though! Others can learn from this and hopefully not ask the same questions.
  • Options

You can't delete a post & it's considered rude anyway.

You sound like you are trying. Just read more & see how it goes.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• Options
    @kgillespie18 Read 'Taking Charge of your Fertility' by Toni Weschler and begin temping and charting. That will help clear up the mystery around when you ovulate. If you have ovulated and are awaiting AF (your period) or a BFP (positive test), head to the TWW thread, a new one is posted daily.
  • Options

Thanks for the advice
    Hello and welcome.  Don't be afraid. It's just that we get this question about once a day and it's against the rules to ask if you are pregnant.  Yes, many many other people have had similar experiences.  If you ovulated later, your period will be later.  Your period comes 12-16 days after you ovulate.  that 12-16 days is called the luteal phase. And usually women will find that their luteal phase is pretty consistent.  Thus, if you ovulate on day 20 instead of day 15, your period will be 5 days late. 
    If your pregnancy test is negative, it means you're not pregnant.  So the conclusion is that you are not pregnant and you ovulated later.
    Read the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weshler (New edition coming soon!!) and do the tutorials on fertility friend.
    My TTC History:
    2009: missed miscarriage #1 at 9 weeks (trisomy 16)
    2010: Infertility
    2011: Diagnosis and treatment (low sperm count, anastrozole for DH, clomid for me + IUI)
    2012: Baby #1
    2014: Baby #2
    October 2015: missed miscarriage #2 at 11 weeks (trisomy 22)
    March 2016 BFP#5, due November 2016.

My Charts since 2009

• Options

Thanks for the advice
    We get the EXACT same question every single day. A lot of member participate daily. Newbies post without clicking on any other threads besides their own so they have no way of knowing that asking if pregnant is against the rules and that they will be flamed for doing so. This shows people who do accidentally click on another thread before they post that they will learn not to ask repetitive questions that have the exact same answer day after day.
  • Options
    You guys are so mean. I've been around for months and read pretty much everyday, but am terrified to ask a question!! I'm actually proud of myself for writing this!

So big thanks to Kglespie for asking the questions I'm too scared too
  • Options
    bsckgb7bsckgb7 member
    Tori, I think everyone around here loves to provide advice for legitimate questions.  It gets old when people constantly come in here and ask questions that no one can answer.  Most ladies on here temp, use FF, check CM, and use OPKs to get knocked.  As you long as you do some homework yourself (ie understanding hardly anyone has a "textbook" 28 day cycle), I think any reasonable questionable would be answered.