Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

GTKY - humpday fun

I posted this back in the day when I was first TTC and I thought it was a fun way to get to know everyone....

For the baby you are TTC whose features and personality traits would you like your LO to take after [yours or DHs/SOs]?

Eyes:

Nose:

Hair:

Sense of humor:

Intelligence:

Sense of direction:

Work ethic:

Level of comfort in a new situation:

Level of outgoing ness:

Athletic ability:

Book smarts:

Street smarts:

Re: GTKY - humpday fun

• Options
    Eyes: my eyes - his lashes ;;)

Nose: hands down, his!

Hair: mine. It's a hot mess but it's full and can be managed

Sense of humor: mine!!

Intelligence: oh whoops I guess I kind of asked this in the second to last question too. Oh well, mine!

Sense of direction: his! I think I'd be better if I didn't zone out so much

Work ethic: mine

Level of comfort in a new situation: his

Level of outgoing ness: mine

Athletic ability: his! I wear yoga pants like a champ but that's as far as I'll go.

Book smarts: Mine

Street smarts: his :)
  • Options
    Fun!

For the baby you are TTC whose features and personality traits would you like your LO to take after [yours or DHs/SOs]?

Eyes: his... or mine... really, either would be fine.

Nose: mine. Although, I really don't know what his looked like before it was broken.

Hair: mine

Sense of humor: his

Intelligence: mine

Sense of direction: mine

Work ethic: his

Level of comfort in a new situation: his

Level of outgoing ness: his

Athletic ability: his

Book smarts: mine

Street smarts: his
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ooh this looks like fun!

Eyes: his - beautiful green compared to my murky brown!

Nose: his - better slope

Hair: mine - thicker, better color, although both are brown

Sense of humor: mine! my husband can be snarky but I'm much quicker and wittier.

Intelligence: his! he's the brains of this operation. ;)

Sense of direction: google? neither of us are all that great at directions...

Work ethic: his! one of the things I admire most about DH is his work ethic. He gets ish done!

Level of comfort in a new situation: me - I'm much better about meeting new people and handling change.

Level of outgoing ness: me - again, more friendly, although neither of us are extroverts

Athletic ability: neither? we both suck at sports, although we hit the gym very regularly. I'd still hope for my children to actually enjoy exercise.

Book smarts: mine - he did very well in school because of that noggin of his. I'm more book learned and I hope it's a skill I can pass on

Street smarts: LOL just imaging passing on either of street smarts is laughable. Here's hoping s/he inherits something from her aunt!
    I'm Ella, furmommy to two Maltese!
    Me: 30 DH: 29
    TTC #1 since Jan 2015 \\ current ff chart
  • Options
    wanderingtxwanderingtx member
    edited May 2015
    Ohhh this looks fun!

Eyes: Mine for color, his for function. I can't see without contacts in, and he claims he is better than 20/20. Is that possible?

Nose: His.

Hair: His. I have out of control curls that I grew up hating, and still hate, now just torture with hot tools on the daily.

Sense of humor: Mine. 

Intelligence: His, or both. I consider us both pretty intelligent.

Sense of direction: His, I get lost driving home from work some days.

Work ethic: His. I would rather park it on the couch.

Level of comfort in a new situation: Mine, although we can both be super awkward.

Level of outgoing ness: His.

Athletic ability: His, by far. He was a collegiate athlete and his job now demands him to be in shape. I'm currently eating chocolate in bed...

Book smarts: Mine. I OWNED standardized tests and college entrance exams.

Street smarts: His.

Can I add teeth/dental? Is that hereditary? I had awful teeth as a child, huge gaps everywhere, including between my front teeth, and several missing teeth (they never came in). Thousands of dollars in dental work later, and I still look like my teeth belong to a child. His are perfect, no work.

edit: words are hard, spelling is rough.
  • Options
    Eyes: His, he has gorgeous blue eyes 

Nose: Mine

Hair: Mine

Sense of humor: Both 
    Intelligence: Both, I think we are equal in this area

Sense of direction: His, I'm not the worst but he is definitely better.

Work ethic: Mine

Level of comfort in a new situation: For sure his, I'm super awkward in new situations  

Level of outgoing ness: Once again his. 

Athletic ability: His

Street smarts: Both 
  • Options
    Eyes:Mine (Blue)
    Nose:Mine (Smaller than husbands)
    Hair:Mine (He has recieving hair line) His color would be good though (Black)
    Sense of humor:His (He is really funny and playful)
    Intelligence: Mix of both.
    Sense of direction:His.I get so turned around.He is a pro though.   
    Work ethic:Mine.We both work hard but i complain a lot less.
    Level of comfort in a new situation: Me.I adapt very easily.He does not.
    Level of outgoing ness: His.He is outgoing.I am a homebody.
    Athletic ability:Neither! Neither of us are Athletic.
    Book smarts:Me.I like to google and read up on tons of stuff.
    Street smarts:Both.I think we have a good mix going on together.

TTC #2

What i'm trying: Seed Cycling,Fertility Friend,&Charting.
    My Ovulation Chart

• Options
    Ash9614Ash9614 member
    Oh fun!

Eyes:His - they're bigger, rounder
    Nose:His - I like the shape better
    Hair: His
    Sense of humor: Mine. DH is so serious sometimes!
    Intelligence: Both.
    Sense of direction:Mine
    Work ethic:Mine.
    Level of comfort in a new situation: His. I'm more talkative, but DH is nicer so I think he connects with ppl better
    Level of outgoing ness: Both. I'm chatty, but can be secretly bored by ppl and ready to go home. DH's just nicer than me :)
    Athletic ability: His. Went to college on a football scholarship. Free college education would be a dream!
    Street smarts:His. I was very sheltered growing up and I still shock myself with my level of naivete...
    Me: 31; DH: 31
    NTNP: May 2015
    TTC #1: late August 2015
    PCOS Dx: January 2016, starting Femara Feb 2016
    BFP: 2/29/16 - Happy Leap Day!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Ouu, fun!

Eyes: His (especially his lashes!)

Nose: Mine

Hair: Hmm...probably his. It's pretty thick. And mine is thinning and greying.

Sense of humor: A mix of both. I'm sarcastic, he's corny.

Intelligence: His, I'm always impressed by how much he absorbs and remembers.

Sense of direction: Mine! Even with GPS, he misses exits and turns...

Work ethic: Uhhh....we both get our jobs done, but probably his since he actually likes his job, and I...don't.

Level of comfort in a new situation: His, for sure.

Level of outgoing ness: His, he can talk to anyone right away. I'm really shy.

Athletic ability: Mine, since DH doesn't work out at all...yet will always lose weight faster.

Book smarts: His, even though all his reading takes place in the bathroom...haha

Street smarts: Mine, for sure. Public commuting and working in the city surrounded by homeless people for over 6 years helps with that.

Me - 30, DH - 31
    Married - May 2014
    TTC # - March 2015

My Chart

Me - 33, DH - 33
    Married - May 2014
    DH - Low Count/Motility/Morph - Varicocele vein x 2 - surgery (8/11) - success!
    BFP - 10/10/15, EDD - 6/20/16 - It's a BOY!
    Baby #1 - 6/29/16 - Lucas Christopher, 10 lbs 3 oz, 22.25 inches
    Baby #2 - TTC May 2017
    BFP - 9/10/17, EDD - 5/26/18 - It's a GIRL! - RCS May 22nd

My Chart

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Christal161Christal161 member
    edited May 2015
    Eyes: obviously my SO (He's Asian decent and that's a dominant gene) but I did notice our first has lighter eyes then his, I have super light brown eyes so maybe the mix helped lighten them up. Nose: my nose, my SO's nose is quite big lol Hair: I would like our second to have my hair, my 1st LO's hair is soo crazy (asian gene) and it's always sticking out. Sense of humor: His I guess. I do have a good sense of humor but can get offended depending some subject. Intelligence: His. Sense of direction: mine ;) Work ethic: both, we're great workers and get our job done! Level of comfort in a new situation: both. Level of outgoing ness: mine, but after teenage years. I was extremely shy during my school hears, now I'm extremely outgoing! Athletic ability: His, he was in the football team and I was very lazy in my teens. Book smarts: Mine! He HATES reading and would prefer to burn my book collection. Street smarts: Mine. Edit : I'm mobile! My paragraphs aren't doing what I want them to do!
    DS - March 9th 2014 TTC #2 - May 2015 BFP - October 2015 EDD - July 7th 2016
  • Options
    Eyes: Either for color we have similar color blue eyes... mine for vision, he has terrible eyesight and requires glasses/contacts

Hair: Probably mine. I (along with all the women in my family) have a ton of think hair that people complement on on the time.  But he has a good head of hair for a 35 y/o man, so either would be fine.

Sense of humor: Definitely mine!

Intelligence: His... he's one of the smartest people I know!

Sense of direction: His, I'd be lost most days with out GPS

Work ethic: His

Level of comfort in a new situation: Mine... it can take a while for him to warm up to people

Level of outgoing ness:  Here's hoping that our kid will get that from another relitive!  We're

Athletic ability: His

Book smarts:  His

Street smarts: Mine
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Eyes: obviously my SO (He's Asian decent and that's a dominant gene) but I did notice our first has lighter eyes then his, I have super light brown eyes so maybe the mix helped lighten them up. Nose: my nose, my SO's nose is quite big lol Hair: I would like our second to have my hair, my 1st LO's hair is soo crazy (asian gene) and it's always sticking out. Sense of humor: His I guess. I do have a good sense of humor but can get offended depending some subject. Intelligence: His. Sense of direction: mine ;) Work ethic: both, we're great workers and get our job done! Level of comfort in a new situation: both. Level of outgoing ness: mine, but after teenage years. I was extremely shy during my school hears, now I'm extremely outgoing! Athletic ability: His, he was in the football team and I was very lazy in my teens. Book smarts: Mine! He HATES reading and would prefer to burn my book collection. Street smarts: Mine. Edit : I'm mobile! My paragraphs aren't doing what I want them to do!
    I think you mean you DH's genes?  I don't think Asians as a race have crazy hair.  I certainly do not.
    Together 2007 | Married 2011 | Me: 36 | DH: 38
    Adopted Furbaby: 2014
    TTC#1 : 1/2016 | IUI #2 - BFP 12/24/16 -- born 9/8/17
    TTC#2: 11/2019 | Dx DOR (AMH 0.3), AMA
    IUI #2 - BFP 7/1/20 -- EDD 3/14/21
  • Options
    Eyes: either

Nose: boy: either, girl: me -- DH has very masculine features

Hair: DH has had his hair shaved for the entire time I've known him, but when it grows in, it's really thick.  So, his, I think.

Sense of humor: We both have similar sense of humor.  Weird humor.  It works :)

Intelligence: I always tell him that I'm "smarter" but he's "wiser".  I hope our future LO gets a mix of both.

Sense of direction: We're both pretty good with direction but DH is better, so DH. 

Work ethic: I'm a better planner while DH is better at executing those plans haha -- so, a mix of both!

Level of comfort in a new situation: DH

Level of outgoing ness: Either.  DH is more of an extrovert and I grow more introverted as I get older.  Whichever LO grows to be is fine by us.

Athletic ability: DH

Book smarts: Either

Street smarts: Either
    Together 2007 | Married 2011 | Me: 36 | DH: 38
    Adopted Furbaby: 2014
    TTC#1 : 1/2016 | IUI #2 - BFP 12/24/16 -- born 9/8/17
    TTC#2: 11/2019 | Dx DOR (AMH 0.3), AMA
    IUI #2 - BFP 7/1/20 -- EDD 3/14/21
  • Options
    I think you mean you DH's genes?  I don't think Asians as a race have crazy hair.  I certainly do not.

Sorry! Yes. I just assumed as most of his family have "extreme" hair. Even his mother would say "it's the asian gene". Should of said "quote my MIL"
    DS - March 9th 2014 TTC #2 - May 2015 BFP - October 2015 EDD - July 7th 2016
  • Options

Eyes: His + I want our child to have his long lashes

Hair: His, mine is thick & horrible

Sense of humor: Mine for sure

Intelligence: His - he is way smarter than me ha!

Sense of direction: Mine

Work ethic: Both

Level of comfort in a new situation: Mine

Level of outgoing ness: His - he makes friends very easily where as I don't.

Athletic ability: His - I'm the laziest person ever when it comes to exercise.

Book smarts: His - he loves reading where me not so much (except for TCOYF)

• Options
    g8trkimg8trkim member
    Eyes: Mine
    Nose: Mine
    Hair: His
    Sense of humor: Mine
    Intelligence: Either
    Sense of direction: Mine
    Work ethic: Either
    Level of comfort in a new situation: Probably his, but I'm fine as well
    Level of outgoingness: Probably his, but I'm fine too
    Athletic ability: His
    Book smarts: His

• Options
    Eyes: Mine (his would work too, but I typically get a lot of random complements about mine so I'm kinda biased :) )
    Hair: His
    Sense of humor: Mine
    Intelligence: His
    Sense of direction: His
    Work ethic: Either
    Level of comfort in a new situation: His for sure. I'm always awkward and anxious in new situations.
    Level of outgoingness: If going by childhood - his. I had debilitating shyness as a child and always got bullied for it which made it worse. If going by now probably a mix of both of us.
    Athletic ability: Mine
    Book smarts: His
    Street smarts: His
  • Options
    mrlightmrlight member
    Eyes: His; Gotta love those big baby blues with long lashes!

Hair: Mine; His entire family has thin, hair board-straight hair. I have dark, thick, voluptuous hair. 

Sense of humor: His

Intelligence: Either one

Sense of direction: Mine

Work ethic: Mine; He has a strong work ethic, but he suffers from ADHD and that really affects his productivity.  (Sometimes, he does a lot without getting a lot done.) (Sidenote, he does take medication, and he's finally found one that really works for him.  As long as he takes it he is fine.)

Level of comfort in a new situation: His! I am such a homebody!  Luckily, we are from the same hometown, because I really hate being too far from home!

Level of outgoingness: Both.  I am more outgoing in professional environments (such as a networking event); however, he is more outgoing in social environments (such as talking to random people in the bar).

Athletic ability: His for sure!  His entire family is really talented.

Book smarts: Mine.  He is really intelligent, but I have an easier time studying and reading than he does due to his ADHD.

Street smarts: His. A perfect example of why, when we were in Jamaica, the cab driver asked if we smoked.  I smoked cigarettes at the time, so I said, 'yes' and offered him one.  He declined it. My husband later explained the cab driver was not asking if we smoked cigarettes. 
    embarrassed animated GIF
    BabyFruit Ticker

Me: 25 | DH: 29
    Married: October 27, 2012
    TTC #1: November 2014
    MC: March 2016
    BFP #2: October 2016
    Our fur-baby is a black Labrador Retriever.
    https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/5a8aa2/