Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Worst part is over??

I was in the ER Friday night for severe bleeding saw baby and was told everything was fine. Heartbeat good. Right size. Etc. My HCG was 5446. Bleeding stopped other than spotting as of Saturday morning. Yesterday when I went to dr was told baby was gone. They drew labs and told me to expect to miscarry. I just got a call and was told my levels are already down to 272. Does this mean Friday was the worst of it? I am not sure what to expect since I was not expecting it to drop so fast. Is 0 HCG considered done? All I am having right now is some brown spotting and I'm wishing that it could just be over with but I really have no idea. Sorry for rambling ....

Re: Worst part is over??

• Options
    Friday could very well have been the worst of it, but stay prepared that more could be coming. Betas tend to fall the fastest right after the majority of the tissue leaves the body, and then slows way down. Sometimes there is no more tissue and it's just the body doing it's thing, sometimes there is still some more tissue to shed and you will start bleeding again. If betas stop dropping before reaching zero, then there is the likelihood of retained tissue. Ask for your betas to be tracked to zero with weekly draws. It is a reasonable precaution that most doctors are willing to take for the safety of their patient's health. If your doc refuses, start testing weekly with HPTs and mark when you get a negative on your calendar, so you can track how long it takes before you have your first post-loss period. Then consider finding a more proactive doc while you wait to heal.

All advice given based on lengthy personal experience.

I am not a doctor, I just have a working medical vocabulary.

Always available to answer questions about loss, infertility, and TRP.

imageimage

• Options
    I am already scheduled for beta on next Tuesday. Dr told me yesterday that the sac was still there so to expect something but I just didn't know how bad it would be and I was too upset at that moment to ask. We did IUI and he told me as soon as we are back to zero we can induce a period (I am very irregular) and try again as soon as we are ready. I am trying to be hopeful it won't be too bad. Friday was really the worst experience of my life... I am hoping everything takes care of itself!