1st Trimester
Options

How long do the mild lower abdomen cramps last?

I'm 5 wks 3 days and have them randomly..I'm just wondering if others are experiencing the same thing, and how far into pregnancy they last.

Answers

• Options
    I had them throughout the day every day from 3 weeks to about 6.  (I found out I was pregnant at almost 4 weeks, but I had cramping for days leading up to it. Thought AF was coming!) Now I get an occasional cramp, but not every day like I had been.
  • Options
    q2turnsq2turns member
    i'm four weeks and having intermittent cramping as well. last night it woke me out of my sleep. i read that it might be round ligament pain. whatever it is, i hope it ends soon.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm hoping it's the ligament stretching also! Sometimes it feels as bad as a period cramp, but mainly little twinges that come and go. This is my first, and Im hoping everything goes right! *fingers crossed*
  • Options
    I am 6w3d and I have had it consistently all week and last week.  It happens a lot when I am laying down/going to bed, contrary to what many articles said about how to ease the cramping.  They all suggested laying down and getting comfortable.  I think because my body was actually trying to relax, those muscles were working double time! (I'll go with that, even though, my theory is probably wrong).  I didn't feel any cramping today while I was at work, and usually it hits me a few times throughout the day and I actually got slightly nervous.  It's as if I now depend on those cramps. They are not painful, just more of a nuisance.
  • Options
    Had mine from 3-6 weeks. Now I am 8.5 weeks and still get them occasionally. The constant cramping stopped at exactly 6 weeks and was replaced by morning sickness.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies for easing my mind!
  • Options
    Im 9w3d and still have them. This is also my 4th PG so I am not suprised since with each PG my body has become more and more aware and sensitive to the shifting/growing.
    I feel mine in different spots at different times and sometimes its a little stronger than others. Its just round ligament pain, and if it does stop it will surely be back later in the pregnancy. : )
  • Options
    i am just 3 weeks 5 days but i had cramps so bad last night it woke me up and i expected to be bleeding. all seems well, but it makes me feel anxious! 
  • Options
    q2turnsq2turns member
    me too! and it makes me so anxious. there's never any bleeding, though, thank goodness.
  • Options
    CeriseyCerisey member
    I've had it consistently for a few days then it stops and I get the occasional twinge then it starts again with the consistence! I'm 5w6d xx
  • Options
    WLJ2WLJ2 member
    I had them throughout the day every day from 3 weeks to about 6.  (I found out I was pregnant at almost 4 weeks, but I had cramping for days leading up to it. Thought AF was coming!) Now I get an occasional cramp, but not every day like I had been.
    This is helpful news. That is how I feel all day, everyday. Mild cramps just enough to alarm me but not enough to really be bothered my them. 
  • Options
    So this makes me curious. I'm having the same 'pains' so to speak but only in the right part of my lower abdomen... Is it normal? This will be my first time pregnant so I'm anxious.
  • Options
    By 10th week should get better
  • Options
    Ive still got it randomly going on, reading y'alls experiences make me feel better! :))
  • Options
    I'm 7 weeks today, and it seems my cramping is subsiding, or at least, not as frequent. Up until a few days ago, I was having cramping daily. There was a bit of spotting when I first found out, just into week 4, but nothing more since. 
    STM - EDD June 24 '18
    DD - January 2016
  • Options
    Mine are starting to ween down. I'm 7w4d and I had it constantly for the first 2 weeks. No spotting or bleeding with it, just constant period like cramps. Now they are sporadic twinges and mild discomfort when I first get in bed to sleep at night.
  • Options
    I was cramping regularly until maybe 6.5 weeks. I'm 9 + 4 now and the only time I cramp is when I have gas or have to pee really bad
  • Options
    amama3amama3 member
    I'm 10wks3days and I rarely have cramping. And same @babybluu lol.. Most of my cramping subsided before my 1st ultrasound at 7wks2days.
  • Options
    groovylocksgroovylocks member
    edited June 2015
    Early on (3-6 weeks) it felt like mild period cramps. I've also had gas and constipation cramps throughout  (those continue now) But now I'm also getting weird pulling and poking sensations (12 weeks saturday) that i can't even describe. I can only assume things are stretching and it's hurting mildly and not all the time. 

It's not bad. I mean really, it's not bad and i'm glad to feel it. If i'm growing it means things are on track.
  • Options
    This board is making me feel better. I'm 5 weeks tomorrow and the pinching/cramping is so bizarre. Thanks ladies!
  • Options
    I am 8.5 weeks, and am having random lower abdominal cramping especially when I lay on my back it seems to make my cramping worse. Anyone else have this into the 8th week? It's my first pregnancy, and everything that's different makes me nervous!
  • Options
    kcmichelkcmichel member
    edited June 2015
    @jodisgardner yes its normal, as PPs said it can last for several weeks. If laying on your back is uncomfortable you may want to switch to laying on your side and lay on your back as little as possible.
  • Options
    Very early pregnancy and cramping like AF is going to start any minute..I know a few of you have said that you feel that way also...what is that? Could that really be RLP so early on in pregnancy? When is cramping a concern? Constantly feel like I am about to start my period
  • Options
    This is my 4th and I have noticed some mild cramps every now and then and thin clear discharge. I don't remember this from my previous pregnancies.... Any insight??
  • Options
    I'm five week today and I was worried about the cramping too. This is my first pregnancy so everything has me on edge right now. Hahaha. I'm glad this appears to be a normal happening-eases my mind a lot.
  • Options
    Glad this post is easing everyone's mind, including me!
  • Options
    Period like cramps will ease the further you get into the first tri. But you will have weird little pains, mild cramping, and other discomforts all throughout pregnancy and for a couple weeks after. Drinking lots of water helps.
    image    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I totally forgot about these early cramps until they showed up today.... seems like us 5 Weekers are having them the most right now....
  • Options
    I'm five weeks an occasionally get a very short lived stabbing pain and general mild pulling sensations. I guess it's round ligament pain because it fits all the descriptions..