1st Trimester

six weeks & I want to o be active, but am so tired

This is my first pregnancy, I'm 33 and prior was weight training & doing cardio 4 days a week. I'm 5'3" and 114lbs. I have a good bit of muscle I'm afraid to lose, but can't get to the gym! I've been too nauseous and overly tired. I blacked out and fainted in church on Sunday because I was waiting until after 8am mass to eat, scary and I don't want it happening with nobody around. I'd love any advice on how to get some of my energy back (which is making me depressed) and combat this nausea. Thanks God Bless

Re: six weeks & I want to o be active, but am so tired

• kcmichelkcmichel member
    edited May 2015
    If you are that tired you need to rest for now until you feel better. Drink as much water as you can and try different foods to see if there is anything you can keep down, and whatever it is, eat it. Ive also heard a lot about hard sour candy's helping with nausea. A lot of women worry about weight/or losing muscle but like you said you don't want to push yourself, especially if you are not eating/hydrating properly. I am a very active woman as well and am the kind of person to move heavy things myself etc. I also have 2 toddlers and an infant - and am dead tired this PG so I have a lot I need to feel my best for and feeling "lazy" in a sense is very frustrating.
    This won't last forever. The first couple of months are rough but you will return to your normal self eventually. Try sticking to lighter exercise for now. It still helps keep up stamina. I take long walks and even carrying my LOs upstairs for naps/bedtime is a little workout lol. Best advice is - KNOW YOUR LIMITS! Listen to your body, as much as you want to just tell it to shut up!
    Feel better!
  • Hrc724Hrc724 member
    I am exhausted too. I've kept up with most of my workouts, just slower so I know I'm not burning as many calories. I just can't go as fast and I want to quit as soon as I start. It's SO hard. I'm 6w4d and I'm so lucky not to have ms - just very occasional waves of nausea that don't last more than a few minutes - but the exhaustion is overwhelming. I'm 41 so maybe age has something to do with it.
  • Loading the player...
  • you should take it easy until you feel able and then start slow. You have already fainted once, and pushing yourself just puts you at risk of that again. If you are feeling like you have more energy, start with a low-key yoga type video at home so you are in the safety of your home and can still get the benefits of body weight training.

I am hoping to get back into the swing of things this weekend. I had a similar workout schedule pre-pregnancy and I don't feel like myself now that I have been out of my routine for about 8 weeks now. Hubby and I were TTC on a all inclusive vacation, and there has been no chance to work off the holiday gains yet lol

• I am right there with you! I was deep in marathon training when I found out, and now I am 7w 3d and am spending my days on the couch! I think it's important to listen to your body and get the rest you need! There will be plenty of time (hopefully! Assuming second trimester is as good as everyone says haha) to get back to working out.
  • Peppercorn16 - so glad to hear that I am not the only one!! I am also exactly 7 weeks and 3 days also and before finding out that I was pregnant I was running 5 miles a day. The past two weeks have been brutal because I absolutely don't feel like working out at all :(. My 8 week ultrasound is on Wednesday (June 3) and so once I SEE the baby's heartbeat and my doctor gives me the green light I am going to try and get some form of cardio in at least 3 or 4 times a week.
  • Thanks ladies for your comments, it helps to know I'm not alone! My first doctor appointment the 17th I'm so excited and ready! I'm 9 weeks today and starting to get some of my energy back, which is great because my hubby doesn't cook or clean much! Lol.