Illinois Babies
Options

OB recommendations in Naperville and Edward hospital reviews

Hi guys,
Naperville FTM here just finding out my OB will be going on vacation during my delivery dates. I'm not too fond of her partner and I need to switch doctors right away. I'm considering Naperville women's healthcare that has 4 female (my preference) doctors. Any recommendations for this practice or any other female OB practice who will accept me at 32 weeks?

I also wanted to find out the hospital charges at Edward. I have been calling them since last week. All they do is take my number and tell me they'll get back to me. Anyone know how much they bill to your insurance?

Appreciate your insights! :) :-SS

Re: OB recommendations in Naperville and Edward hospital reviews

• Options
    My group is out of Good Sam but can't recommend them enough! Dr. Wolowick is the one who delivered for me. DuPage medical group. Highly recommend them. There are 4 female and 1 male. All the best!
  • Options
    uhussauhussa member
    Thanks amy!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    AGundyAGundy member
    I saw DuPage Medical group. The OBs were awesome - males and females (Drs. Li, Martin, Frangella, Stoeffler, Weeks, and Kagan, .

I had a CSection at Edward, the total that we paid out of pocket was about $2500 (hospital for me and son, OB, ped, lab, neonatologist, anesthesiologist, etc).
  • Options
    uhussauhussa member
    Thanks for the info! :)

Everyone I speak with who have delivered at edward seem to have had c section. Kinda concerned with that. Do they push it on you?
  • Options
    @uhussa Hi there -- my mom works in labor and delivery at Edward. They absolutely do not push C's. It is not something the nurses are ever looking to do unless there is a medical need. Additionally, Edward is in an agreement/program with March of Dimes that has a lot of requirements the hospital must follow in order to prevent premature births and resulting consequences. As a result, doctors are not allowed to schedule C-sections prior to 39 weeks (unless of course it's a medical necessity and mom or baby is in danger).
  • Options
    uhussauhussa member
    @Kristin712 hi! That's a relief to hear. Thank you!
  • Options
    AGundyAGundy member
    My son was breeched, so I didn't have a choice. My friend delivered there twice vaginally.