March 2015 Moms

Dry scalp

neshagirl04neshagirl04 member
edited May 2015 in March 2015 Moms
I know I had a similar discussion about this before but tried all suggestions and looking for more alternatives. My babies scalp is so dry it just flakes everywhere. When brushing it falls out and she is bald on the sides now. Any suggestions?

Re: Dry scalp

• She is 11 weeks old and doctor thinks she has eczema like mommy
  • dreyes4dreyes4 member
    I haven't seen any of the other threads so I don't no if anyone has told u about this. but I use baby oil in my 8 week olds hair. She was starting to get cradle cap and its helped a lot.
  • Loading the player...
  • leibasleibas member
    We use coconut oil for cradle cap during bath time and it's the last thing we wash out of his hair. We bathe him every other day and have only used it 3 times and his cradle cap is significantly improved.
  • My pediatrician suggested scrubbing his scalp with a hairbrush, tooth brush, or fingernails when shampooing him in the tub. She said to scrub vigorously and then rinse. After 3 baths, his cradle cap was completely done! I still do this once in awhile to make sure it doesn't come back.
  • kfooy1kfooy1 member
    My MIL that has 8 children suggested olive oil and leaving it for 5-10 mins before washing and to never use the baby lotion she says it drys them out more, this helped me a lot and has worked for her kids.