Infertility

Travel for new job in the midst of IVF

Just thought I could get some advice about how you all may have handled travel for work during treatments. Luckily my travel has been minimal lately, but I did just start a new job and I have been requested to go to Paris for a conference. Paris sounds fantastic, however if I am pregnant from recent IVF cycle will this be of my best interest? I have not mentioned my situation to my manager as this is only my 3rd week! Yikes. Of course I am thinking ahead not even knowing my results.... But I know I need to book the airline ticket soon.
Married 4-27-13
TTC for 1.5 yrs
41 yrs old; DH is 37
April 2014 MC at 9 wks 
Jan 2015 Clomid, BFN 
Feb 2015 Clomid, Ovidril, 1st IUI, BFN 
Mar 2015 Clomid, Ovidril, 2nd IUI, BFN 
May 2015 1st IVF, 19 follicles, 18 eggs retrieved on May 20, 13 fertilized, transferred 1 Blastocyst on May 25=BFP!; froze 2 Blastocysts
Full term healthy baby boy born on 2-11-16
Jan 29, 2018: FET 
Feb 8. 2018: BFP! :)
Mar 6: weak heartbeat. :(

Re: Travel for new job in the midst of IVF

• jnissajnissa member
    I travelled to Europe during both my first and second trimester of pregnancy, as well as to Vegas, LA and Canada. Most obgyns are ok with travel up to the 8th month. You should be fine, but in the event your IVF is a bfp and you feel uncomfortable, ask your doctor!
    Me: 41, DH 38, Diagnosis DOR
    Started TTC 12/2013
    First Trip to RE: 11/2014
    IVF Round 1: 2/2014 - BFP
    DD Born 11/9/2014
    TTC a Sibling Started 5/2015
    First IVF Round 8/15 - BFN
    Taking a break to go on vacation + enjoy the holidays before FET and/or another IVF round in 2016!

• ambdtbambdtb member
    thank you for sharing that.  it makes me feel more comfortable already. i did call the nurse today and asked, she said the doctor doesn't like patients traveling until after their 6.5 week ultrasound, especially out of the country due to healthcare, etc.  my travel dates are at about 7 weeks (again this is all hoping i am BFP!!!).  of course i don't want to do anything to jeopardize all we have been wanting and hoping and praying for... she said to keep the follow up appointment and ask him directly once i have my results.  she said if i MUST go, it's ultimately my decision.  I think i will book my travel soon and then will always have to cancel if needed.... hopefully it will be needed. 

Juggling all of this and work has always been challenging... i am committed to my job but this NEEDS to come first.  I just hope that is understood. 

Married 4-27-13
    TTC for 1.5 yrs
    41 yrs old; DH is 37
    April 2014 MC at 9 wks 
    Jan 2015 Clomid, BFN 
    Feb 2015 Clomid, Ovidril, 1st IUI, BFN 
    Mar 2015 Clomid, Ovidril, 2nd IUI, BFN 
    May 2015 1st IVF, 19 follicles, 18 eggs retrieved on May 20, 13 fertilized, transferred 1 Blastocyst on May 25=BFP!; froze 2 Blastocysts
    Full term healthy baby boy born on 2-11-16
    Jan 29, 2018: FET 
    Feb 8. 2018: BFP! :)
    Mar 6: weak heartbeat. :(