Infertility

Rough time!

Hi ladies,
Just would like to hear some of your experiences, me & my fiancè have been discussing TTC conceive for a awhile now, In the past year I've been diagnosed with PCOS & endometriosis, I haven't had a period or ovulation cycle in about 2 years which sparked the investigatons and led to the diagnosis, despite endocrinologists and ob-gyns help they haven't been able to kick start my cycles, I'm so scared that I won't be able to give my fiancé a baby, he is very supportive and constantly tells me that we will work around it if the outcome is that I cannot conceive. I'm really frightened for the future.

Has anyone else had a similar brush with this sort of thing, I would love to hear from some of you if you could spare a reply.

Thank you so much xxx :-bd

Re: Rough time!

• I was diagnosed with endometriosis years ago and actually just today was diagnosed with PCOS.  The whole thing is very hard to deal with I understand. I do hear many women with success stories though!  I hope you and I can join them!  Good luck and let me know if you have any suggestions! 
  • tlateeftlateef member
    I was diagnosed with Pcos last summer. I started IUI cycles in August. It did stimulate follicle growth but I never had more than 4 mature follicles in 3 cycles. I had 3 failed cycles in a row and after the negative result in November I decided to take a month off around the holidays to regroup and consider different options. In November I only had 2 mature follicles at the time of the IUI which was less than ideal. However on Christmas Eve I had a positive pregnancy test. My first ever. I was so shocked at the idea that it happened the one month I didn't do a treatment. 2 days later at the doctor they told me I was 5 weeks pregnant (with TWINS!) The end result is that I did not get pregnant from the IUI procedure because I must not have ovulated on schedule even with 2 trigger shots (typical pcos) but I did end up ovulating afterwards and got pregnant due to normal intercourse. So I tell people that I didn't get pregnant from fertility procedures but I got twins because of fertility procedures. My advice is to remain optimistic when it seems impossible. I felt broken and was positive it would never happen for me. Also, don't underestimate the power of intercourse combined with your procedure it obviously can make all the difference, even when the timing doesn't make sense. I am now 27w3d and they are boys. It hasn't been the smoothest ride (I had a placenta previa which was diagnosed after severe bleeding at week 13) but things are better now and the boys are healthy. Good luck and stay strong.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you very much, & congratulations! That's amazing twins :O that's incredible❤️
    thank you for your replys. Xxxxxx
  • babycrazy8babycrazy8 member
    edited June 2015
    Hi louisaaellen, I am in a similar boat, and know how you feel. We have been trying for nearly two years and during this process found out I had one blocked tube and the other slightly blocked. Our hopes on a natural pregnancy went out the door and that was very hard to hear and handle. Anyway long story short, we planned our lives since finding out we were unlikely to get pregnant naturally (selling and saving money for IVF) - we then out of the blue found ourselves pregnant naturally (without really even tracking like we had been for the last 2 years). But unfortunately we had a missed miscarriage and didn't find out till 12 weeks. It felt so unfair that such a miracle was ripped from us. We have since been trying through IUI but have not yet had any luck. Sometimes I have bad days where I just want to give up. But I pick myself up and find it helpful to go on websites like this to talk to those that are going through similar circumstances. I often feel like I am letting my husband down (as I'm the one with the issues) but I talk through how I feel with him and I find that it really helps. I am also very frightened of the future, but I continue to hope and do all I can to hopefully get there.
  • Babycrazy8 thank you for your response I'm very greatful, I'm very sorry for your loss. I know how you feel in terms of feeling frightened for the future, I just worry that what if he really wants a child and I can't deliver that too him? :( the future frightens me especially that I know I am the one with the problems not him! How do you pick uourself up from this horrible doubt and worry xxxxxxx
  • No worries louisaaellen! I know what u mean about 'maybe' not being able to deliver that to him. But i think if u try everything in ur power (and as much as u can take) and it doesn't happen, there are other alternatives u can consider. We haven't discussed those alternatives yet but I know that's prob where we'd end up if it never happened. Not easy to discuss but something to consider down the track xx
  • I doubt you will not be able to conceive one way or another. From what I have seen, the women who absolutely cannot conceive is because of DOR or POF and or because of genetic problems within the embryo. This is just what I have seen though. I would see a different RE. IVF might work for you just fine. What have they tried?