April 2014 Moms

Bottle to sippy

we are not transitioning well to sippy for anything but water. Been doing sippy with a straw for Water for over 6 months, but for milk we are not interested! And since we are smaller I don't want to take away the bottle without a real alternative. Any good and easy sippy cups out there? Born free are not working for us. Sorry if this has been asked a million times. I'm back to work and barely have time to think let alone post! Hope everyone is doing well on here!!

Re: Bottle to sippy

• smushismushi member
    Have you tried warming the milk before a sippy?
  • I use the avent sippy with a soft spout. It is so similar to a bottle so it is something she understands. She refuses the handles though, so we leave those off. Next up will be a hard spout sippy, I hope the transition goes well

March siggy challenge: Dream job = Playing with wolves

• Loading the player...
  • I'm having the same problem! I think it's the temperature of the milk that is the problem but I can't do much about it when she's at daycare all day. And she needs to get used to cold milk.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMe: 40  H: 38

***TW***

****trigger warning****

1 LC, girl 5 years old

TTC #2 Summer 2017

BFP 1/5/2018, MC (D & E) 2/23/2018

TTCAL May 2018

BFP 9/20/2018, MC (D & E) 11/16/2018 :'(

• I second avent sippy w soft spout!
  • kmos816kmos816 member
    I'm having the same problem. I give her milk in a sippy that she'll drink about an ounce of then I put the rest in a bottle for her after she is done eating. She gets so happy with a big smile when she sees the bottle it's going to be hard to get rid of it. At least she only drinks milk three times a day!

We've had the most luck with the wow baby cup- there are other models Like it but the milk comes out easier for her than sucking from a sippy.
  • We use the Green Sprouts straw cup. Or sometimes just a cup with a plastic disposable straw. And we offer him milk during meal times and water the rest of the day.
  • LolaX2LolaX2 member
    We are having the same issue and LO is also small so we don't want to just not have her drink milk if she won't take it other than i a bottle. She drinks water just fine from the sippy and even juice (when she steals her brothers sippy). Even having it warmed up and in a bottle she is only drinking 10-12 oz of milk a day. Luckily she does really like yogurt and cheese so we offer one or the other with every meal and sometimes snack as well. I just got some take and toss straw cups that DS picked out and I'm going to try  those out with DD too as she usually likes drinking out of straws too.