Infertility

Dominant ovary on same side as blocked tube!!

Hi all, I am new here so a little introduction is in order:  DH and I have been TTC for 14 months, I just turned 35 (got a BFN for a birthday present), we tried naturally for about 8 months, then did some testing and found uterine polyps.  Had a hysteroscopy and mild D&C to remove polyps, all looks good on that end since November.  We started acupuncture in December, found out I have left tube blocked in March & just did our first medicated cycle last month with: Clomid 50mg days 5-9 / HCG trigger / IUI, thus the BFN on my b-day.  DH has excellent count, etc., he does have cancer but is not being treated right now as his tumors are stable (that's a long story, we'll have to treat eventually, but for now things are status quo). We are now doing cycle #2, Clomid 50mg days 3-7 and I just had an ultrasound/blood work today.  Right ovary (the unblocked side) has several follies around 9-11mm, but left ovary has the leading follie at 27mm.  I am still at least 4 days away from when I naturally ovulate.  I know it is remotely possible for the opposite tube to pick up an egg from the other ovary, since they still have a few days to grow, however if my blocked tube is blocked in the middle, it's likely that this tube will pick up the egg on the same side first and it will hit a dead end.  So those chances are mighty slim.  

Last month the ultrasound showed that I had one decent sized follie on the right but 4 or 5 much bigger ones on the left.  This is so frustrating!  It seems that the more active/dominant ovary is on the blocked side :-(  Anyone have a similar experience?  We want to go to IVF next, but insurance says we need 6 medicated cycles unless there is a medical reason.  I don't know if this evidence is enough to get them to cover it.  And I can't imagine putting myself through 4 more clomid cycles (major mood swings & depressive thoughts) that probably won't work anyway.  Ugh. 

Thanks everyone. 

Re: Dominant ovary on same side as blocked tube!!

• I think I have heard of the tube picking up an egg on the opposite side in the case of the woman have just one Fallopian tube but it don't know about when both tubes are functioning,. The hsg can be a false positive too. But if I were you I would try to get them to cover IVF. A blocked Fallopian tube has to be a valid reason.