Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

My 2 and a half year old won't sleep in his own bed

My 2 and a half year old son has started sleeping in his bed. First he would wake up screaming and crying so my husband would just go grab him and he would sleep in our bed until he settled down and would go back to his. He shares a room with his little brother, 16 months, so we didn't want him waking up his brother. Well now we try to put him in his bed and he won't go. He says he wants to sleep with us. We are planning on sleep training him, but as of right now we still will only have 2 bedrooms. Anyone have any ideas on how to handle this situation? TIA!
AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: My 2 and a half year old won't sleep in his own bed

• Options

It's tough because he shares a room BUT if you want this to work, you have to be consistent. Talk to him and tell him he has to sleep in his bed, he can't sleep in your bed and make sure you stick to that. Keep putting him back in his bed if he gets out and do NOT let him in your bed.

Stay consistent.

• Options
    I agree you have to be consistent.  Just keep putting him back, even if you have to be firm and he cries.  The longer you wait or allow it, the harder it will be to break.