Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

I can't be the only one

I've been feeling the baby blues for awhile now, two friends just announced they're expecting and one just gave birth. Full disclosure though, my DH and I aren't trying yet but it's not because we don't want one, we've been ready for awhile just have to get a few things in order first so I know my feelings are nothing compared to what a lot of you lovely ladies are feeling! Well, we went to a movie yesterday and came out to a cat adoption agency setting up. Long story short, we got a kitten. The biggest reason, I wanted a baby to take care of, even if she has fur! Please tell me I'm not the only crazy who substitutes the love of real babies with fur babies. @-)

Also, she's the sweetest thing there ever was. We saw pitch perfect before we found her so her name just might end up being Fat Amy. :P

BFP #1- March 4 (MC March 24)
BFP #2- May 26

Re: I can't be the only one

• Options
    AlyeenaAlyeena member
    edited May 2015
    We have six fur babies! So don't worry you are not alone at all. So when we finally have a child it will be like baby number seven lol.

I do love cats tho, always had cats when I was growing up. They are so adorable and affectionate. Have fun with your new kitten! She is adorable. (*^▽^*)
    35 years old, TTC #1 Dec 28, 2011
    PCOS, Hypothyroidism.
    First IVF cycle June 5th 2015 --- BFP
    Miscarriage at 8 weeks
    FET December 15th 2015--- BFP!
    First saw  at 6w4d
    It's a boy!

Luciano Alessandro Maximiliano was born on September 3rd 2016

• Options
    Aw! Congrats on your baby kitteh! Adorbs.
    Me (30) + Him (31)
    NTNP

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    kmcc14kmcc14 member
    So cute!
    Me: 30 DH: 35 
    TTC #1 - Jan 2015
    BFP on 5/13/15
    DD born 1/24/16
    TTC #2 - Jun 2017
    BFP on 8/24/17
    Anniversary 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Adorable!! Yes, many of us are proud furparents. I have two Maltese brothers! They are currently my pride and joy. 

Congratulations on your fluffy new family member!
    I'm Ella, furmommy to two Maltese!
    Me: 30 DH: 29
    TTC #1 since Jan 2015 \\ current ff chart
  • Options
    Trust me your not the only one :)!!

MH and I have two fur babies, both cats :) and a turtle!!!
    LF&F July Siggy Challange

imageimageimageimageimageimageimage

• Options
    crochetbird6crochetbird6 member
    edited May 2015
    You're definitely not the only one... My mum always jokes that our cat, Howard, has more pictures taken of him than our first born child will! 

Edited because words are hard in the morning. 

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/5a434d/">My Ovulation Chart</a>

• Options
    I've basically decided I want a puppy if I'm not KU after a year. I kind of want one already but it's not really convenient at the time - we want to be able to do impromptu nights/weekends away until we have a LO and we can't really do that anymore if we have a puppy.

We also have a cat, but that was just because we wanted a cat (we got him two years ago when we weren't as baby crazy as we are now). He's a sweetheart but I wish he was a bit more cuddly. He'll want to be petted etc. but he never comes and sits on your lap.
  • Options
    @txjrog Your kitten is so cute! We have 1 cat right now and if it weren't for my DH not loving cats as much as I do, I'd totally be one of those crazy cat ladies, lol.
  • Options
    Your kitten is adorable!  And we have 2 cats (almost 1 1/2 and 2 yrs now) - we weren't going to start TTC until after the wedding - so kitty #1 was essentially the unstated compromise between I wanted a baby but knew the timing wasn't right and he wanted a dog, but our apartment is too small...  Kitty #2 adopted us about 6 months later... couldn't pass up those eyes :)  I've now promised DH that the "four-legged-furry-friends" won't outnumber the humans in the apartment....  
    28yo, TTC#2 since 6/2014
    Kiddo #1 = 10 cycles of trying, 1 CP and is now a toddler
    TTC#2 since 2/2017

• Options
    I have 2 chihuahuas and an American bulldog. I love the crap out of my little chi's but the bulldog is on my shit list right now cause I had to chase her for 10 minuets this morning... In the rain... In my pajamas.... Barefoot. Stupid b*tch!
  • Options
    Awwwwww!! Super cute!!!!

We adopted our furbaby last year and I know caring for a furbaby is nothing compared to caring for a child, but he's turning out to be such good preparation.  The number of middle of the night wake ups and many many trips to the vet actually helped push my "on-the-fence about TTC" husband into the "I think we're ready" camp.  :)

Together 2007 | Married 2011 | Me: 36 | DH: 38
    Adopted Furbaby: 2014
    TTC#1 : 1/2016 | IUI #2 - BFP 12/24/16 -- born 9/8/17
    TTC#2: 11/2019 | Dx DOR (AMH 0.3), AMA
    IUI #2 - BFP 7/1/20 -- EDD 3/14/21
  • Options
    She is adorable! We have two cats and just adopted a dog in October. She has been a handful but she has been so much fun to have. I think she will be enough to hold us over until we have a child. Enjoy your fur baby!
  • Options
    kmcc14kmcc14 member
    @txjrog check your inbox. :)
    Me: 30 DH: 35 
    TTC #1 - Jan 2015
    BFP on 5/13/15
    DD born 1/24/16
    TTC #2 - Jun 2017
    BFP on 8/24/17
    Anniversary 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    We have the 2 rescued pitties in my profile pic plus 3 felines who boss them around. The puppy is definitely a lot of work, and absolutely my last puppy. I've been told by friends who've had the pleasure of watching him that he's WORSE than a toddler. So much energy it's ridiculous, even after being with me, loose outside, at work ALL DAY. He's cute though, and though mischievous, he listens reasonably well when he gets caught. We also have 3 turtles. So that's 8 mouths besides us. Lol
  • Options
    Aww you're definitely not alone! My fur babies are just that.. my babies! DH and I have a 6 year old boxer and 2 kitties. Your new kitten looks adorable! Sounds like a wonderful way of occupying your time loving up on her while TTC..and then when baby comes they'll be bffs Lol.
    DH - 24; Me: 26
    Married 3/7/15
    Expecting Baby #1: 06/06/2016
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    QuazelQuazel member
    What a cutie!!! We have two cats that we adore, I would have 6 if my DH would allow! My parrot is a lot more work, I would also like several. Then again, I would like several kids! It's not just you!
  • Options
    So as I type I have a fur baby flopping on my lap purring up a storm on top of the thesis book i'm supposed to be reading... the other furbaby conspired to keep me from getting out of bed this morning by using me as a pillow... made me think of this post and who knows what'll happen when I try to get work done should we be blessed enough to add a baby around here!
    28yo, TTC#2 since 6/2014
    Kiddo #1 = 10 cycles of trying, 1 CP and is now a toddler
    TTC#2 since 2/2017

• Options
    That's so funny! I'm always on DH about getting another furbaby. We have a mastiff now, my babygirl, who's 6 and I really really want a baby turtle! Also a bunny has been living in our garage so I've been feeding her too!
  • Options
    PibbleMom said:

We have the 2 rescued pitties in my profile pic plus 3 felines who boss them around. The puppy is definitely a lot of work, and absolutely my last puppy. I've been told by friends who've had the pleasure of watching him that he's WORSE than a toddler. So much energy it's ridiculous, even after being with me, loose outside, at work ALL DAY. He's cute though, and though mischievous, he listens reasonably well when he gets caught. We also have 3 turtles. So that's 8 mouths besides us. Lol

What type of turtles do you have?!?

• Options
    What type of turtles do you have?!?

Red eared sliders, 2 females and a male. They're about 10 years old now, the 2 females are approx 7" long, male is maybe 4.5" long, I had gotten them on the turtle black market in NYC Chinatown when I was in college. I didn't expect them all to make it, but I guess I'm a decent reptile care taker. One of the females lays eggs like crazy, but the others eat them immediately. Not sure if they're fertilized or just cycling, but it's pretty standard for us to find egg shells in the tank. Twice in 10 years I've had to bring them to a reptile vet, once for a cracked shell bc one of the females managed to climb out of the tank and fell to the floor, the other was last year, my male was "blocked up", turns out he'd eaten one of the eggs a female layed, and it got stuck before he could poop it out. I've never seen a turtle look relieved, but when the vet removed the stuck eggshell and a week or more of turtle *stuff* came out, his face looked so, so very happy!
  • Options
    You're not alone! And really cute kitten!
    TTC here and walked up to a Starbucks with my husband a few days ago and they had pet adoptions there. We now have a new dog so I hear ya!
  • Options
    txjrogtxjrog member
    Carazona5 said:
    You're not alone! And really cute kitten! TTC here and walked up to a Starbucks with my husband a few days ago and they had pet adoptions there. We now have a new dog so I hear ya!

I am so glad we aren't the only suckers out there! 

BFP #1- March 4 (MC March 24)
    BFP #2- May 26
  • Options
    I'm pretty smitten my my furbaby too!  (Hence my user name and profile pic. HA!)  Lately I've been going on and on about wanting to get another furbaby, another chihuahua or even a cat... DH insists we don't need another pet & that our spoiled girl would hate having to share affection with another pet.  My bestie said the other day, "You know the only reason you keep talking about a puppy is 'cause you want a baby, right?"  Guess she's right!  I'll try to hold off on acquiring any additional pets for now!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    PibbleMom said:

Red eared sliders, 2 females and a male. They're about 10 years old now, the 2 females are approx 7" long, male is maybe 4.5" long, I had gotten them on the turtle black market in NYC Chinatown when I was in college. I didn't expect them all to make it, but I guess I'm a decent reptile care taker. One of the females lays eggs like crazy, but the others eat them immediately. Not sure if they're fertilized or just cycling, but it's pretty standard for us to find egg shells in the tank. Twice in 10 years I've had to bring them to a reptile vet, once for a cracked shell bc one of the females managed to climb out of the tank and fell to the floor, the other was last year, my male was "blocked up", turns out he'd eaten one of the eggs a female layed, and it got stuck before he could poop it out. I've never seen a turtle look relieved, but when the vet removed the stuck eggshell and a week or more of turtle *stuff* came out, his face looked so, so very happy!
    I only have one! He's a Alabama map turtle. He's roughly 4.5 inches and almost four years old. DH got him for me as an engagement present. I haven't had to take him to the vet. But I am getting close to it if his shell doesn't start looking better. Red ear sliders are against the law where I am from. Cause they are so invasive. But I would love to get my male a girlfriend. Haha. I keep seeing a female (even though she's a Mississippi map) at the pet store but we will see. Even though he already has a tank mate... A fish who has been his best friend going on two years now.

Eta: what size tank do you have them in?

• Options
    I only have one! He's a Alabama map turtle. He's roughly 4.5 inches and almost four years old. DH got him for me as an engagement present. I haven't had to take him to the vet. But I am getting close to it if his shell doesn't start looking better. Red ear sliders are against the law where I am from. Cause they are so invasive. But I would love to get my male a girlfriend. Haha. I keep seeing a female (even though she's a Mississippi map) at the pet store but we will see. Even though he already has a tank mate... A fish who has been his best friend going on two years now. Eta: what size tank do you have them in?

I think they were illegal to "purchase" here (I'm in NJ) if they were under 4", they were renegade illegal turtles the first few years of their lives lol! I have them in a 55 gal. I have a 100 gal for them, but not the space. Now that we bought a home I would really like to make a pond in our back yard and let them feel the great outdoors. Some day!