Pregnant after IF
Options

When did you feel confident in your pregnancy?

With all the issues we've all had, when has everyone felt confident?
We've lost 2 pregnancies before 7 weeks, so I was hoping after week 7 we'd feel better but it's only been slightly. Granted, we've had problems since week 5 with bleeding from SCHs, so I think that's hindering us a little bit.
The only good thing is we've already had 5 u/s and both babies have been growing right on schedule, which let us breath a bit. But then, our doctor told us yesterday that we'll be discharged from her services in 2 weeks and now I'm getting nervous.
How has anyone handled switching to a regular OB?
How about handling coming off progesterone so fast?
I know this is supposed to be the end game of IF, graduating to no meds and a regular dr, but I'm completely terrified!

Re: When did you feel confident in your pregnancy?

• Options
    I know just how you feel, we started with PIO shots and we were graduated to crinone at 5weeks. I only have 7 more days of the progesterone (we'll be just past 8 weeks then) and I'm totally freaking about it. We've had 4 loses up to this point, with the longest at 10 weeks... I'm sincerely hoping once we hit the milestones it will ease the worry little by little. I'm really looking forward to 2nd-tri, I'll feel so much better once we've gotten past this scary/ overly emotional 1st tri!

8 Years
    2 Miscarriages
    2 Ectopic Pregnancies
    1 Round of Clomid
    1 Fresh IVF Cycle
    1 Bean and 5 Frosties!
  • Options
    J&D2007J&D2007 member
    Well, I thought I'd feel confident after I saw the HB at week 6, then I thought after the Verifi test results, then I thought after the 1st tri was over, then I thought after the a/s, then I thought after V day....now I'm thinking around week 30 I'll be confident?? But probably not!
    Me: 37, DH: 38: ttc 7 years, dx: unknown
    10/11: after 2 years, saw a RE, FSH 5.4
    11/11: BFP! (surprise after thyroid & normal hsg),
    12/11: missed m/c after 7 week u/s, 1/12: D&C
    6/12 IUI#1-IUI #3: clomid = BFP!, C/P
    IVF #1(10/12) FSH 5.4, AFC: 16 long Lupron, 5R/5M/4F, all 4 made it to 5dt, 1 blast/1-8 cell transferred=BFN
    IVF #2(12/12)AFC 21, MD lupron, 4R/4M/3F, 5dt of 1 blast and 2-8cell. BFN.
    IVF#3(4/13) Natural start antagon protocol, 12R,11F. one PGS normal at day 6 transfer. BFN.
    IVF#4 (11/13) C.CRM (ODW.U normal 8/13 Still no Diagnosis) EPP/antagonist. ER 13R/7M/6F. Only 1 made it to freeze. Abnormal. Looking into options of DE, Fresh vs frozen.
    10/14 new local RE to look into what's next. CD3 FSH 4.7, AMH 0.9. Met with DE agencies and exploring options for feb/march 2015.
    Surprise natural bfp (4 days before donor is signed). Beta #1 at 9dpo: 51.8, 2nd beta: 195 (25 hours doubling) @11dpo. 3rd beta (12/15): 516 (35 hrs doubling) 4th beta(12/17): 895 (58 hours doubling) 5th beta(12/19): 2120. U/S at 5w0d(12/22): one gestational sac with yolk sac. U/S #2 (6w0d)12/29. One little bean measuring 6w0d with HR 124. 3rd u/s(1/4)7w0d: baby measuring 7w2d. HR 134. 3/30: A/S at MFM went great except for low lying placenta. Verifi results are normal! Team Blue! Please send any positive thoughts our way! EDD:8/24/2015
    Baby Will born 8/18. He's perfect.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh no, haha. I suppose I'll be following in your foot steps! We lost our last babies after hearing their heart beats, so hearing these haven't helped as much as we'd hoped.
  • Options
    JnO2510JnO2510 member
    I can understand. I was so sacred to graduate, but once I found an OB I felt better (at least a little). I went to two different ones before picking for sure. It felt good to be doing something active, but since then I've just been hanging out. Now we have our 12w us tomorrow and I'm pretty nervous about it.
  • Options
    Totally normal after IF. My final appt with my RE was the day of our first US (6w5d)- so we got the boot to an OB pretty quickly. I was taken off of PIO at 8 wks, and moved to suppositories until 10 wks.

I think I felt confident after I got into the 2nd tri, and I definitely feel better with the babies moving and kicking, but I still hold my breath at every appt/US.

***SIGGY WARNING***

Our Story

Me- 35, mild hypothyroidism

DH- 29, low count due to a chromosomal abnormality, only option is IVF/ICSI with PGD.

Married 5/13

TTC since 8/13

IVF/ICSI #1 ER 9/14 - 14R, 6M, 6F, 5 blasts off to PGD- 1 normal female, 2 balanced males

FET 12/8 of 2 frosties - 1 male/1 female - stick babies stick! 

Beta #1 10dp5dt 444! Beta #2 14dp5dt 2,340!  U/S 1/5-- TWINS!!!  EDD 8/26/15

"You'll never see the rainbow if you can't survive the storm"

image    image

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @katers79 I'm very jealous you got to switch off injections! I'm stuck with them until 10w+ due to sch. I'm also terrified since we've been extremely blessed with constant u/s, so it'll be hard to switch from that.
    Good luck tomorrow @JnO2510!
  • Options
    Totally normal, unfortunate reality of IF/2IF that many feel.

I kept putting these milestones in place (heartbeat, scans, latest loss, movement, etc.) and would get there and still wouldn't feel confident. Then I feel guilty that I haven't felt as connected in this pregnancy as I did with my first child as my heart is guarded after losses and treatment.

I was sometime after week 20 where I started to feel like this might be our exciting reality. Our 18week scan revealed some worry and anxiety that I had to overcome....this isn't the perfectly healthy baby we hoped for....so that took some time too. I'm 26 weeks now though and am in a good place. For a long time, I was dependent on the excitement of our friends and family to get me through and some of it did rub off on me!
    Me: 32, DH: 33
    DS #1: April 2010
    DS #2: July 2015 (preemie born at 31 weeks) - our little miracle conceived through ART - unexplained secondary infertility/adenomyosis
  • Options
    It's so hard! Thank you for posting. I am 20 weeks and have our 20 week ultrasound Friday and I'm soooo nervous. I spent the weekend setting up a baby registry, the whole time having to convince myself that even if something goes wrong, we'd try again. Ugh. I hate IF brain.

I stopped progesterone shots at 9 weeks and suppositories at 10 weeks. I went to the regular OB at 10 weeks.

If this ultrasound goes well, we plan to bring photos and flowers to our IF doc. :) agh I'm sooooo nervous!

Best of luck to you! It does get better! I used to be so scared every day. I have calmed down and now I'm panicky the week before an ultrasound or when actively doing something that assumes everything will be ok (like the registry) or might not be ok (blood tests) but I get times in between where I feel good. You'll get there!
  • Options
    MiromiMMiromiM member
    I'd like to say when I first saw the heartbeat, or when the US revealed something that looked like a baby or when I was released to my OB office. Honestly, it wasn't until week 17 when I started to feel her kick on a daily basis that I felt a weight come off my shoulders. Sure, it's not always comfortable and it's a bit unnerving having something inside of you that's not being controlled by you moving around but it's incredibly comforting.
    *Siggy Warning*

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thank you all for responding! I figured we weren't that overly crazy but it's good to know we are not alone.
    I just constantly feel some of our actions/decisions are going to jinx it. I know how illogical that is but I cannot shake it.
    Schedule a follow up? Jinx. Tell a friend to explain weird behavior? Jinx. Plan a way to announce? Double jinx.
    I think it's also hard for me because my only duty right now is to be an oven for these buns. So all I do is think alllllllllll day long!
  • Options
    Yes, I was talking to a friend today who is currently ttc. I was saying that in addition to being conditioned (by IF) that things just don't work quite right for us, there is also the factor that while going through IF treatments, there were all of these things you were actively doing to get pregnant. Now that we are pregnant (yaaaaay!!!) that constant energy and vigilance that we poured into our IF treatments is just sitting there with no where to go. I think that energy goes into worry.