3rd Trimester
Options

GB Strep Positive At 37 weeks

How do you not worry and focus on a great labor?

Re: GB Strep Positive At 37 weeks

• Options
    I know there are horror stories out there for everything, but it's really not that big of a deal. I was positive with my first, just had to have an IV during labor. She had no complications. I get tested tomorrow for this pregnancy.
  • Options
    Thank you! I feel much better! :) I can't wait to meet our new baby : )
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I tested positive with both of my babies. No big deal for either. It impacted a few things - I wasn't able to get my membranes stripped, had to go to L&D as soon as my water broke (to start antibiotic drop), limited number of internal checks in labor - but none of it was any big deal. The biggest thing that stands out for me is that labor #2 progressed so quickly, I didn't have time to get the second IV drip. The hospital wanted to keep my daughter an extra 24 hours for observation, but my pediatrician agreed to see her as the first AM appointment for the next two days, and everything was fine!

I'm unconcerned whether I test positive this go around or not. I just suggest you talk to your OB about any concerns of you do test positive, and ask about their recommended lines of treatment, so you know what to expect! Good luck!!!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    imageimageimage

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers