August 2015 Moms
Options

ultrasound reactions :)

sarahmu7sarahmu7 member
edited May 2015 in August 2015 Moms
Just a little pick me up in case you needed it. I was showing a group of friends my most recent ultrasound profile pic and everyone was going on about how the baby has my husband's nose. Twittering like women do when confronted with something cute. :)
My friend's 4 year old daughter came over to see what the fuss was about, gasped and looked scared. Her mom said "that's the baby in sarah ' s belly!" The daughter looked horrified and whispered "that's creepy!" and ran away. It was hysterical!

Anyone else have any good ultrasound reaction stories?

Re: ultrasound reactions :)

• Options
    Haha my 9 year old cousin was very excited to hear that we were doing the 3D ultrasound. When we got home with the pictures he said, "oh wow, that's the baby? He kinda looks like an alien with lots of pimples (the 3D made the picture look a little splotchy)." Thanks, kid.
  • Options
    That's so cute!!!
    The tech we had for my anatomy scan jokingly reassured me that our alien baby would look human when she was born. I couldn't believe he said that, but had to laugh bc he reminded me of my brother.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My grandma has macular degeneration and cannot see well. My dad decided to show her a picture from my ultrasound to share the news I was expecting. She thought he was showing her a picture of a dog!
    Together since '07
    Married since '12
    Off the pill since 5/14
    BFP: 8/10/14 -- CP 8/22/14
    BFP: 12/10/15 -- Prayers requested

• Options
    My kids saw the ultrasound pictures my daughters reaction was "awe how cute!" My sons? "His face looks like a skeleton face in that one!" Lol
  • Options
    I gave my mom and dad a pic of our first ultrasound (at 5 weeks) for Christmas to announce the pregnancy, in a frame with my sister's 2 kids (a grandkids frame). 

My dad got it right away, and gave me a big grin. He passed it to my mom, and she said "Oh, that's nice" and then put it down. For our first pregnancy that took us almost 4 years to achieve, I knew she had no idea what the significance was. 

I started laughing and said "Mom, what do you think that is?" 

She said "A picture of Dani, Reid, and your sister's ultrasound, of course." (My sis was 15 weeks ahead of me with her 3rd).... 

I said "Yeah, I wrapped up a picture of my sister's uterus for you. Merry Christmas!" At this point, my SO, dad and I were all laughing. 

She said, "Well who's is it? It's not YOUR ultrasound.....or...." and trailed off. Light bulb! Pretty funny, because she's super sharp and always teasing people, and she absolutely hates it when she misses the point on something that other people get. We've gotten a lot of mileage out of it so far, and it drives her nuts....so of course we harp on it ;) 

• Options
    @albolan80 ha! That's awesome. My mom was similar. I gave my parents a weekly countdown saying "until baby arrives" with blocks with numbers on them that you can change around. My dad got it right away and my mom was distracted by her new TV she had gotten. My dad kept showing it to her and she said "oh that's cute..." Then she finally read what it said and screamed lol.
  • Options
    On that note- I have my parents the first ultrasound picture and my mom asked if it was Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie 's baby. She thought it was hysterical, but I just thought she was nuts. Apparently it's from a tv show that only she watches. Then my dad said "well, no more drinking for you" and that was about it. Kinda underwhelming for their first grandchild. That'd why I thought my friend's daughters reaction was so great!