April 2015 Moms
Options

breastfeeding moms

Just a side note. I have always had a good ammount of breast milk but I noticed that at the "dinner" feeding she was not getting as much and was crabby. Yesterday I took some advice and went and got Fenugreek. Im glad I didnt follow the directions because it said 2 pills 2 to 3 times daily. I took 2 at noon and its 28 hours later and I have milk coming out of my eye balls still. Im prob just going to take 1 at 4 from now on lol.

Re: breastfeeding moms

• Options
    Goid to know! I am going to be buying some soon to increase at dinner too!
  • Options
    Lol it depends on the person my friend was taking 9 a day and it still didn't do much for her, I was taking it but lo became SUPER gassy from them so I stopped. Be prepared to smell like syrup!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The syrup smell on the pills was overwehlming. I was wondering if I would start smelling like them.
  • Options
    Stupid question. I am also breastfeeding - I read people saying their supply has dropped. Are you solely going on your baby seeming not as satisfied for that? I have no clue if my supply is good or not so it's really hard. Thanks!
  • Options
    I started taking fenugreek and was upto 9 a day. My supply dropped so I stopped taking them after 5 days.
  • Options
    Kissel348 said:
    Stupid question. I am also breastfeeding - I read people saying their supply has dropped. Are you solely going on your baby seeming not as satisfied for that? I have no clue if my supply is good or not so it's really hard. Thanks!
    I solely pump that is how I keep track of mine. I've also heard for those who breastfeed solely to add in pumping after baby feeds and that will signal your body to make more milk. 
  • Options
    len52len52 member
    if your baby is having 6-8 wet diapers a day then there is nothing wrong with your supply! if baby is cranky when eating you could have an overactive let down and the baby is getting too much too fast, or it could be gas. we always want to jump to the conclusion that we have a low supply but more often than not that is not the problem.
  • Options
    lmk115lmk115 member
    I tried fenugreek and did not see much of a difference. I tried gngoumet's lactation cookies and had a huge increase! I wanted to increase because I want to be able to pump more to start developing a supply in the freezer for when I have to go back to work. Also I have a couple weddings this summer and my sister is babysitting so wanted to make sure I had plenty for those times where I'll be away. I strongly recommend the peanut butter cookies they are pretty tasty!
  • Options
    Where do you get the lactation cookies?
  • Options
    lmk115lmk115 member
    edited June 2015
    I ordered them online. You can buy them from Amazon or right on the gngourmet website. You buy the mix, add butter and an egg then bake them
  • Options
    Coco118Coco118 member
    edited June 2015
    I've had success with More Milk Plus supplement. I also have the Milkmakers cookies that my SIL gave me as a gift. They're sold on Amazon (already made) and she said she saw an increase from them. But I'd rather not be wolfing down cookies right now haha,
  • Options
    Some babies like to cluster feed and just get fussy at night. Throughout the day your milk supply slowly dwindles. In the morning is when you have the most milk. By evening, your body is making less. Pumping in between feedings will definitely help up your supply, but you might experience engorgement during night time feedings and in the mornings. If your LO is gaining weight and having wet and messy diapers then they are getting plenty! My daughter cluster feeds from about 5-8 then she sleeps for 6-7 hours!