1st Trimester
Options

Low Hormone levels

hey everyone, I found out I was pregnant on 4/30, and my doctor thinks I ovulated later and believes I'm about 5 weeks pregnant. There was no yolk sac, only the gestational sac at my ultrasound Monday. Anyway, she did some blood work to see if my hormone levels doubled and they only went up about 400. She is having me go get more blood work again, but wanted to see if anyone had a similar experience, hopefully positive?

Re: Low Hormone levels

• Options
    FemShepFemShep member
    What was your original hormone level?  How long between blood draws?
  • Options
    I don't remember but the number on Monday was 22000, and then blood was drawn on Wednesday and it was about 26000
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I meant I don't remember the exact number but it was between 22-26
  • Options
    I had slow rising HCG levels - only about 50% in 2-3 days but I had a sono at 6w5d and all was fine. Im 8w now.
    Once hcg levels get passed a certain point - I think its either 1200 or 1500 - It can take as long as 4 days to double.
    Im still kind of confused by your numbers, dont know if you meant 2200 and 2600? Either way I hope your #s keep going up. Positive thoughts!
  • Options
    Maybe that's what they were! I was just in such a panic yesterday when she told me and all I could focus on was that they didn't increase as much as she would have liked the to, thanks for the kind words and positive thoughts
  • Options
    Once your levels get up that high it takes longer to double...closer to 72-96 hours rather than 48. Someone posted a chart on one of these groups which shows it but you can probably Google HCG numbers slow down when? Good luck