Trouble TTC

Intro

pottsybpottsyb member
edited May 2015 in Trouble TTC
Hi, I'm new to this board. I was on BCP for about 9 years and went off in December. I started temping, observing cm, and using OPKs and saw no signs of ovulation in 4 months. I have had extremely erratic cycles (most recently 70 days). I saw my family doctor, had an ultrasound and blood work done. I was just diagnosed with PCOS. Next up is a medication regimen...here goes! Hoping for some success in the next steps.

Re: Intro

• Welcome! What medication are you on?    If it's Clomid I hope that you will have monitoring.  Good luck with your treatment plan!

Married for 7 years, TTC for 4 years
    dx:  Diminished Ovarian Reserve
    2 Clomid IUI's + 4 injectable IUI's= 5 BFNs and 1 mc

• tiffk10tiffk10 member
    Welcome. I also have PCOS. Is your Dr having you start metformin? I second PP, if you start Clomid or other fertility meds, proper monitoring is very important.

Me (26) Him (27)
    Dx PCOS November 2010
    21 cycles TTC
    HSG April 2015 - all clear!
    May 2015 - 5 mg Femara cycle days 3-7 BFN
    June 2015 - 7.5 mg Femara cycle days 3-7 BFN
  • Loading the player...
  • pottsybpottsyb member
    Thank you.

I have just started Metformin, we're not "there yet" for clomid, which is fine with me for now. I will be on increasing dosages of Metformin starting at 500 mg 1x daily with the goal of getting to 2,000 mg daily. So far no noticeable side effects...hoping to continue that pattern.