December 2014 Moms
Options

Going back to work

Any mums gone back to work or going back next month? Just wondering how was it?

Re: Going back to work

• Options
    WulfgarWulfgar member
    MW has been back since mid-April and she is still trying to adjust to the whole work/ life balance.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I went back mid-February- it's a hard adjustment but you'll be okay :) 
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ciara32ciara32 member
    Oh my god fair play going back so soon, yep kinda dreading it now... Any advice?
  • Options
    Went back to work in March. It was TOUGH but once you get back into the routine, it's manageable. With that said, there are still times that I count the minutes until I can leave and reunited with my LO
  • Options
    I'm only working part time right now but it's been a kind of blessing for me. I love my DS but I'm the main caretaker 24-7 so the break for work is nice to have. Plus I get down time on the trains as well and can take my time a bit and relax somewhat. I do miss him but I'm really not gone that long so it is t as hard for me as I suppose it is for those working full time
  • Options
    Hmm I hated going back to work. Still hate coming here. I've been back since mid-March. Being a SAHM isn't an option for me right now but I pray every day that it will be an option before LO has to go to school! The hubs is a financial advisor and doesn't provide a stable income - commission jobs suck I think but he likes it. Ho hum.

I still bawl some days. Especially Mondays. Mondays are the worst.

And even though the evening routine sucks (because by the time we get home to when she is ready for bed is only about an 1-1 1/2 hrs of spending time with her) you do get into a routine and just try to enjoy EVERY last minute you can while they are awake.

Well I'm kind of Debbie Downer but that is my experience. I don't believe in saying "it'll get better or you'll get used to it" I just try to lock my heartache away, try to deal with it and count the hours until the weekend!!
  • Options
    I went back in mid-Feb. Hownstly, it was tough and wasn't without tears. But 4.5 months later, I actually think I am a better mom for it. I am madly in love with LO, but I don't know if I could do it all day, every day.

My best advice is that if your LO isn't on a schedule, got him/her on one. Our saving grace is that we are routine in everything we do. I get up at 5 to get myself ready before I get LO up at 6am. Out the door by 7am. At night, we're home by 5pm. We play till 6pm and then start bedtime routine. Bed at 7pm.

I read a lot about how people say the first year is about survival. And who knows...maybe I'll look back and feel that way too. But honestly I don't feel like I'm just surviving. I feel like we're doing really well. But all credit goes to the schedule!!

Good luck! If there are other working moms at your office, don't be weary about reaching out to them. They've been there.
    BFP on 4.3.2014
    EDD 12.10.2014
    DS #1 born 12.16.2014 - He's perfect!

• Options
    I return in end of Feb only weekends & 2x a week school. I have her daily schedule down packed. Weekends One Grama Sat, Sun the other. Trying to be fair. At first it was hard to separate even for a few hours, but it gets better/ easier. Good luck