TTC After a Loss

Temping, OPK, CM= Anxiety

So I'm 6ish weeks out from my MC and had my AF last week. I started temping/charting, started using OPK's yesterday, and have been checking CM. My anxiety level is through the roof hoping and praying i am doing everything in my power to time it right. I'm sure there is, but is anyone else going through this with me? I would love to have a TTC buddy!

Re: Temping, OPK, CM= Anxiety

• I just started my period on the 15th, it stopped yesterday, but then started up again today.  I am right their with you trying to conceive again, I'm with you on the anxiety level, but trying to get myself to relax enough to enjoy the process.  It didn't take us long with the first one (2 months of trying), but obviously the outcome was horrible MMC at 12wks, but baby stopped growing at 9.5.  I was a wreck yesterday thinking how I don't think I could go through it again.  I'd love to have a buddy :-)
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • Hey Buddy :)

My DH and I had no trouble at all conceiving our first DD and again had no trouble conceiving the 2nd but it ended (obviously), so now i'm almost paranoid that it will take forever to conceive and end badly. To top it off it seems everyone around me is pregnant and over the moon happy. TMI WARNING::: My AF was gone as of Friday but yesterday and today when i wipe there has been a light brown/pink tinge to my CM and a lot of CM in general, this has never happened before so thats strange and not sure what to make of it.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm not sure what to think about AF in general anymore, she just hasn't been her old self.  I also was put on BC last year because I had an AF that just didn't leave, after 26 days of bleeding they put me on the BC to regulate things.  I was very relieved to see AF back, but then I remembered last year when she wouldn't leave and scared myself.  How old is your DD?  This was my first pregnancy so it is hard to imagine what is on the other side.  We should also probably move this into private messages if we keep talking :-)
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • Yes, I'm totally with you about the anxiety.  My DS and my lost baby I conceived really quick, and I don't know what the hold up is now.  If I don't get pregnant this month, I'm seriously tempted to say screw the temp taking/charting/checking CM and just be intimate with hubby every other day.  That way I know I'm not missing the timing, and I won't be over-analyzing everything else. 

And yes I miss AF being her old self.  Before the MC, my cycles were like clockwork my entire life.  Now they are a bit off.  I would do anything to have things normal again.  I would do anything for my baby not to have died.
  • rachajoy09rachajoy09 member
    edited May 2015
    Hello, I'm definitely with all of you ladies on the anxiety train. MMC on April 3 at 10w+4 and we got that one on first month TTC. Now I'm tracking BBT, CM and daily OPK with the FF app. Not sure how I'm going to handle this if it takes more than 3months... I've heard yoga helps to get through the waiting, maybe I'll try that :-?? ;)
  • I'm with you, TTC buddy! I'm on day 4 of flashing OPK smileys and waiting on a solid smiley. (Clearblue Advanced) So estrogen is rising, but I'm waiting on ovulation, which is taking its sweet time. I know ovulation can take longer for a few months after MC, so I'm trying not to stress about it. But I really want that darn solid smiley!!!
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• I'm trying to relax about this all, but it's definitely hard! I've always known when I'm ovulating, so it's frustrating feeling like I can't trust my body right now. I'm using pregnancy tests until BFN then switching to OPKs. I may temp after AF comes back but I'm not convinced about it yet.
  • kimey1kimey1 member
    edited May 2015
    As much as I'd like to try again soon, I've decided to focus on getting healthier, exercising and taking a chill pill.
    I've been stressed going to the doc's office for the past month or so. After my last doc visit, he said my AF should come in a week or two and I should check in with him in 6months unless sth happens. Now that I don't have to see the doctor, I'm really in autopilot mode! I know I'm not getting younger (mid 30s) but I need a break.
    I hope this approach helps! I think it's ok to take a break. Sometimes things happen when you're not thinking about it or least expect it :)

(But I love coming here to read, sympathize and give & get support!)
  • A few thoughts for everyone. Don't stress about being stressed. The kind of stress that might (MIGHT!) have an effect on TTC isn't from worrying about it. That's an absolute falsehood spread by people who have foot-in-mouth disease. However, stressing about getting the timing right just isn't worth the stress. Seriously, why stress about having sex at the exact moment you ovulate, when the day or two before, and even up to 12 hours after, is just fine to get the job done?

One of the things that was big on the board when I first came, and was hugely helpful to me, but that I haven't seen around lately is The Great Sperm Race. It's an absolutely fantastic exploration into exactly what has to happen in order to have that 1:20 chance at getting pregnant in any given month, including timing issues like how long sperm remain viable in the fallopian tubes, and why propping up your hips after sex is rather pointless (sperm are already off and running and well past the cervix). It's available on YouTube in several parts. The first link is here... The Great Sperm Race 

All advice given based on lengthy personal experience.

I am not a doctor, I just have a working medical vocabulary.

Always available to answer questions about loss, infertility, and TRP.

imageimage